Where are the other 3D channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

barryd2

Original poster
May 31, 2010
Miami
I thought DirecTV said they were going to launch four 3D channels on June 11th. One was ESPN 3D, which they did launch, but what about the other three? One of the three was to be called N3D; another was to be a pay per view channel, and I forgot what the fourth would be. I called customer service, but as usual, they knew nothing... :(

Barry

I thought DirecTV said they were going to launch four 3D channels on June 11th. One was ESPN 3D, which they did launch, but what about the other three? One of the three was to be called N3D; another was to be a pay per view channel, and I forgot what the fourth would be. I called customer service, but as usual, they knew nothing... :(

Barry

I never heard anything about any others either.
Did you do a search for them ?

If you mean a search of the channels available, yes I have... I've been checking every day... I had even read the channel numbers that these three other 3D channels were going to have - 103, 104, and 105. ESPN 3D is on Channel 106.

Barry

n3D™ powered by Panasonic:
DIRECTV is working closely with major studios and networks to bring the most HD 3D content to the home. This exclusive, unprecedented and dedicated HD 3D channel offers the best in 3D sports, music, nature, arts and more. Ch 103.

What is N3D™?

N3D™ is DIRECTV’s new 24/7 3D channel powered by Panasonic. Launching in June, the channel will deliver the best 3D shows, movies and sports from AEG/AEG Digital Media, CBS, Fox Sports/FSN, Golden Boy Promotions, HDNet, MTV, NBC Universal and Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.

Barry

I thought that they were supposed to be channels 102 thru 106.

Curtis, that would be five 3D channels... besides, 102 is already taken by something... I'm pretty sure it's just 103, 104, 105, and 106...

Barry

So what do these look like on a non-3D TV?

I don't think anyone would know that, when you turn to a 3D channel, the signal automatically looks for 3D devices and if you don't have them, it will show a message.

"The program cannot be viewed because this TV is not 3D capable"

I don't think anyone would know that, when you turn to a 3D channel, the signal automatically looks for 3D devices and if you don't have them, it will show a message.

"The program cannot be viewed because this TV is not 3D capable"

Or Recvr is not 3D capable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts