Where can I buy a box to mount my switch in to protected it from the weather?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
I want to protect the switch from the wind, rain etc etc and was wondering where I could find a protective box at. I have looked at radio shack etc and can not find what I am looking for.

Thanks for the help!

There have been discussions of proper boxes, and where to get them.
I don't think they're even expensive.
If you find the thread, there were several suppliers listed, and even nice members who buy them in quanity, willing to sell one to an eager do-it-yourselfer.

Yep, and as GaryS said above, my switch is inside my house, too! ;)

I wish mine was in the house, but it is not. I bought one of the Rainbird (underground sprinkler) boxes and housed mine in it. It works Ok, but Im sure the one mentioned above is probably a bit better.

I ran three wires from the dish to inside my house to the DP-34 switch(es) at the receivers then run the wires from them to the receivers.

No, not really. The switches are designed to be outside. I have had them outside since 1998 and have never had a problem.

Oh crap, my picture just went out! :eek: ;)

Paradox-SJ said:
I want to protect the switch from the wind, rain etc etc and was wondering where I could find a protective box at. I have looked at radio shack etc and can not find what I am looking for.

Thanks for the help!
You don't need one..The equip is designed ot be out in the weather..
most custs that ask about boxes are more concerned with esthetics..when I tell them it's $30 for the box plus labor, their concern goes right out the window....
Don't worry abot it ..The switch is fine...
If you really want one,do a search on the web for 'cable tv supplies' or something in the tv industry..You will most likely find comapnies that sell then then..But beware, these are usually wholesalers that normally do not sell to the public...As such, to keep consumers and small quantity buyers out, they charge very high $$ for ship/handle....

If you have three satellites (a SuperDish or Dish1000) and three or more tuners then it makes sense to run the three wires from the dish to the house as it takes the same amount of wires, maybe less if you have four or more tuners.

Stop the next local cable truck you see and offer the guy a couple of bucks, hell he probably has a few in the truck he is getting ready to throw out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)