Where Did Rochester Go?

hobie16

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
USA (Full time RV'er
On 2/13 the uplink forum reported 433 moves associated with the new 61.5 sat, the Rochester NY locals were among them:

5260 - WHAM [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar15 61.5W TP 16 ConUS beam to Unknown TID#1521 (Mkt:Rochester, NY-Rochester, NY-ABC) (A) (H)
5261 - WROC [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar15 61.5W TP 16 ConUS beam to Unknown TID#1521 (Mkt:Rochester, NY-Rochester, NY-CBS) (A) (H)
5262 - WHEC [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar15 61.5W TP 16 ConUS beam to Unknown TID#1521 (Mkt:Rochester, NY-Rochester, NY-NBC) (A) (H)
5263 - WUHF [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar15 61.5W TP 16 ConUS beam to Unknown TID#1521 (Mkt:Rochester, NY-Rochester, NY-FOX) (A) (H)
5264 - WXXI [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar15 61.5W TP 16 ConUS beam to Unknown TID#1521 (Mkt:Rochester, NY-Rochester, NY-PBS) (A) (H)

I haven't seen any other info about where they ended up. Anybody know what the final position will be?

I would assume it went from conus to spotbeam. For those legally receiving it the receiver would have made an adjustment to the new location. For those outside the spotbeam it would have disappeared.

They almost certainly went to a spotbeam on E16. (Nobody has figured out the mapping between TID and E16 spotbeams yet.)

oh I'm sure they did

If you were truly in the Rochester market (or real close to it) you wouldn't be in a panic about the channel moves to spotbeams

wish someone would fix the title of this thread.I thought by the title the op was looking for a user named rodhester:D

Not everyone is trying to cheat. Actually I am a Rochester DMA for half the year and in an RV the other half. It was nice that Rochester was a conus signal since I didn't have to keep changing my service address to get locals. I am in Corpus Christi right now; when I learned of the new E16 and changes to spot beams, I changed my LNB on my 1000.4 to be a western arc user to get the locals here. I will have to change back when I return to Rochester in May.
I was just curious as to the final location on 61.5.
Thanks for the info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)