Where do I start in my effort to upgrade my old Dish 500 system to Dish 1000?

CapoDi

Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
The Colony, Texas
I have a Dish 500 system with a single coax running to my Echostar 2800 receiver to get premium stations. I also have an off-air antenna I use for local stations and cable to get access to the internet and 60 or so analog cable stations.

My plans are to purchase a HD monitor or television to replace my aging 15 year old 35" RCA console.

I have installed a number of C-Band, Direct TV and Dish 500 systems in the past. I am just really confused as to where to start.

I am hoping someone can give me some direction as to what all I would need with respect to hardware, switches, splitters and cabling in my effort to upgrade my system.

I am looking at the 811 receiver and the DISH 1000 dish, both of which are listed on ebay. I am really open as to where to purchase this equipment, ebay was my second stop. I got very little help from local retailers...

I would appreciate any direction someone might be able to give.

Thank you...

its really not a big deal. if youve pointed a dish before this ones no different. no switch is needed if you only want to add an 811. point it just like you would a dish500 and 129 should just be there...fine tune at your leisure. You will need to run a short jumper from the DP dual (the 129lnb) to the single port on the DP+ lnb, this combines everything for you. then a single line to your 811, check switch, selct alternate, run, done, cancel, yes....you shold be golden...oh yeh dont forget to ground it.

keep in mind this is all assumption as i havent done one but....

The above solution sounds attractive.

What sort of prices have you found for the 811 and for the Dish1000 ?
(looks like their 1000 price went down about $12 in the last few weeks)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)