Where is all the talk of WFN????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
Now that we have this wonderful channel where is all the excitment around it. Doesn't everyone love the crappy quality and the zero HD? :rolleyes:

Scott posted out in another thread here now... he said that Dish had planned on leaving the 5 Voom channels up, Voom told them it was all or nothing. Dish obliged, and went to none. Voom has some of the blame as well.

Scott posted out in another thread here now... he said that Dish had planned on leaving the 5 Voom channels up, Voom told them it was all or nothing. Dish obliged, and went to none. Voom has some of the blame as well.

Nobody is denying that...I think the point is to jab at Dish's excuse about "needing to add more popular programming." WFN and Tennis do not fall into that category, sorry. Do you actually believe people were calling Dish complaining about not carrying WFN??? :haha

Do you actually believe people were calling Dish complaining about not carrying WFN??? :haha
Actually... believe it or not... there were. Do search and you will see it.

Myself I would rather have Outdoor Channel 2 HD instead of WFN. Most of the shows so far look like they were taped or are airing from VHS video cassettes.

Actually... believe it or not... there were. Do search and you will see it.

Myself I would rather have Outdoor Channel 2 HD instead of WFN. Most of the shows so far look like they were taped or are airing from VHS video cassettes.

I honestly thing most of the people that were asking for this channel were doing so in jest. But maybe I'm wrong.

The quality is the main problem here. This is so far from a "HD channel" that it is pathetic. Your comment about the VHS cassetts is sadly very true. If everything was in HD parts of this channel could be OK as some of the locals could be neat.

Hey, don't knock WFN until you've tried it. They just had boobies on!!!

Bluefooted boobies from down under. :D

I thought you guys would love this:

Fishing: Championships, Pro-Am Tournaments, & Fishing Tour News – World Fishing Network

WFN: World Fishing Network HD
Secures Carriage Agreement with DISH Net

TORONTO, May 14, 2008 - WFN: World Fishing Network HD and Insight Sports announced today a carriage deal with DISH Network that sees North America's only 24-hour fishing channel added to the satellite television company's package of high-definition channels. WFN HD is available through DISH Network on channel 394.

"With more than 50 million sport fishing enthusiasts in North America, WFN has been enthusiastically embraced," said Mark Rubinstein, President of WFN. "In just under three years, WFN has emerged as the industry leader in the world of televised fishing and lifestyle programming. The launch of WFN HD on DISH Network now enables millions of passionate anglers to become part of WFN's World Fishing Nation."

Available 24-hours a day, seven days a week, WFN provides recreational and sport fishing enthusiasts with an entertaining and comprehensive line-up that covers a wide range of programming including American and Canadian angling, saltwater and freshwater fishing, professional competitions, expert advice, international tournaments, travel destinations and conservation.

WFN's high-definition programming schedule features the sport's most popular personalities and shows including Dave Mercer's Facts of Fishing, The New Fly Fisher, Fishing the Flats, Fins N' Skins Classic Adventures and George Poveromo's Saltwater Fishing. The channel's original programs are headlined by WFN News and Reel Road Trip. WFN's hosts include Mark Melnyk and Mariko Izumi along with a variety of professional anglers highlighted by Bob Izumi, Angelo Viola, Dave Mercer and J.P. DeRose. Together, WFN's hosts provide viewers with an in-depth look at the sport of fishing and its many facets.

WFN was originally launched within Canada in December 2005 as the first channel dedicated to covering every aspect of the angling and sport fishing industry. In November 2007, WFN secured its first U.S. carriage agreement with Verizon FiOS TV. Today, WFN is available in more than 20 million households through North American cable, satellite, and telecommunications distributors

I thought you guys would love this:

Fishing: Championships, Pro-Am Tournaments, & Fishing Tour News – World Fishing Network

WFN: World Fishing Network HD
Secures Carriage Agreement with DISH Net

TORONTO, May 14, 2008 - WFN: World Fishing Network HD and Insight Sports announced today a carriage deal with DISH Network that sees North America's only 24-hour fishing channel added to the satellite television company's package of high-definition channels. WFN HD is available through DISH Network on channel 394.

"With more than 50 million sport fishing enthusiasts in North America, WFN has been enthusiastically embraced," said Mark Rubinstein, President of WFN. "In just under three years, WFN has emerged as the industry leader in the world of televised fishing and lifestyle programming. The launch of WFN HD on DISH Network now enables millions of passionate anglers to become part of WFN's World Fishing Nation."

Available 24-hours a day, seven days a week, WFN provides recreational and sport fishing enthusiasts with an entertaining and comprehensive line-up that covers a wide range of programming including American and Canadian angling, saltwater and freshwater fishing, professional competitions, expert advice, international tournaments, travel destinations and conservation.

WFN's high-definition programming schedule features the sport's most popular personalities and shows including Dave Mercer's Facts of Fishing, The New Fly Fisher, Fishing the Flats, Fins N' Skins Classic Adventures and George Poveromo's Saltwater Fishing. The channel's original programs are headlined by WFN News and Reel Road Trip. WFN's hosts include Mark Melnyk and Mariko Izumi along with a variety of professional anglers highlighted by Bob Izumi, Angelo Viola, Dave Mercer and J.P. DeRose. Together, WFN's hosts provide viewers with an in-depth look at the sport of fishing and its many facets.

WFN was originally launched within Canada in December 2005 as the first channel dedicated to covering every aspect of the angling and sport fishing industry. In November 2007, WFN secured its first U.S. carriage agreement with Verizon FiOS TV. Today, WFN is available in more than 20 million households through North American cable, satellite, and telecommunications distributors

WOW the press release has more diverse content than the channel!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts