Where is my 811 s.w upgrade?

Kevinw

Just a regular guy
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
I still have not received 2.81. I have left the box off and set to dowlnload without permission all weekend. I check very few hours but still nothing. How far down the list can I be??

I didn't get the upgrade either. I'm still dealing with the BSOD. Usually, someone posts that batches of serial numbers that are getting the upgrade and in what order they get it.

JAL said:
I didn't get the upgrade either. I'm still dealing with the BSOD. Usually, someone posts that batches of serial numbers that are getting the upgrade and in what order they get it.

This upgrade doesn't fix the BSOD, from reports (plus my experience)

I used to get the s/w upgrades right away, but my new box (swapped out when my original box died) is still waiting on the upgrade...

aperry said:
I used to get the s/w upgrades right away, but my new box (swapped out when my original box died) is still waiting on the upgrade...

Thats exactly how it was for me. I am in Tulsa, OK still no update. I am so sick of this 811 D* looks better everyday, I would switch if Tivo didnt suck. Dish's DVR is great but D* HD boxes much better.

Same here, for my two 811s, one is always get it earlier and the other one is about week later...... I am still waiting on seconed one.

Come on people. Most of you have been around long enough to know how Dish rolls out software. :rolleyes:

Dish rolls out software in phases by receiver S/N. Calling Dish will not get you you software any sooner. Whining and complaining will not get you the software any sooner. Posting Where is my S.W. upgrade will not get it to you sooner. ;)
Quite simply, you will get the upgrade when you get it.

Sometimes it's better not to be first. Dish software upgrades can definitely be one of those times. :D

NightRyder

Sorry for trying to inject some reality into this thread. I'm still waiting for the upgrade too.

Please feel free to tilt away at the Dish software windmill. ;)

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
Come on people. Most of you have been around long enough to know how Dish rolls out software. :rolleyes:

Dish rolls out software in phases by receiver S/N. Calling Dish will not get you you software any sooner. Whining and complaining will not get you the software any sooner. Posting Where is my S.W. upgrade will not get it to you sooner. ;)
Quite simply, you will get the upgrade when you get it.

Sometimes it's better not to be first. Dish software upgrades can definitely be one of those times. :D

NightRyder

I think with every 811 release almost immediately a thread like this appears... My understanding depending on the hardware model it can take up to 10 days to get the update. I got mine on Day 2.

WeeJavaDude said:
I think with every 811 release almost immediately a thread like this appears... My understanding depending on the hardware model it can take up to 10 days to get the update.

Yep happens every single time.

Your correct it can take up to 10 days for a complete roll-out.

Maybe we need a sticky explaining how Dish rolls out software?

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
Yep happens every single time.

Your correct it can take up to 10 days for a complete roll-out.

Maybe we need a sticky explaining how Dish rolls out software?

NightRyder

WOW if I had only know I might not have bothered wasting bandwidth. Could a moderator close this thread. :rolleyes:
Why dont we just turn this into another political discussion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts