where is national HD

Billy_Mays.jpg

Billy Mays here for Dish National HD! Just spray some this on your screen and it will make your SD channels look like HD!

These threads would be worthless if DB2 didn't post in them. :D

Correct. And if anything significant is uplinked between now and Monday I'll eat my hat.

Be careful. This is the one week I would NOT bet on that. Remember that ESPN NEWS HD, ABC Family and a few other Disney owned channels are getting launched in HD Sunday. IF there was anything that Dish would pick up over a weekend, it would be that.

Not that I would bet on it. I just would not bet against it. Anything ESPN is a big deal.

E is making HD LILs their priority,a huge gamble in my book while many long-time customers jump ship.

I will STILL wait for Dish to catchup right now, I just can't believe they will continue to allow Direct to pull away.....

For the 4th Qtr 2007
Dish - Added only 85000 subs
Direct - Added 275000 subs

I would still not expect anything until Tuesday. SA goes until 3/31. Tuesday Dish will probably remove the uplink. Just hope they uplink the new stuff on the freed up TPs on Wednesday. It is possible too that they might do more locals instead.

I would still not expect anything until Tuesday. SA goes until 3/31. Tuesday Dish will probably remove the uplink. Just hope they uplink the new stuff on the freed up TPs on Wednesday. It is possible too that they might do more locals instead.

That is what I am afraid of , more locals. I would think we will know what Dish will do with the extra transponders with in the next 2-3 weeks.

That is what I am afraid of , more locals. I would think we will know what Dish will do with the extra transponders with in the next 2-3 weeks.

I'd be willing to bet that the only channels we'll be seeing on 61.5 will be more HD locals. Source: during the last Charlie Chat, a chart was presented with a number of green & blue dots, the green representing HD locals to be added in the next two months, the blue would be by the end of the year. The eastern half of the US was flodded with blue and green dots, and as California can hardly see the sats at 61.5, I see the eastern part of the country benefiting the most from anything that Dish does right now. Will USA and Sci-Fi light up next week at 110? Maybe, if Charlie "has a contract that is "fair,"" as he put it. No fair contracts, no new national HD.

It is also possible that right now Dish does not even know what the plan is beyond doing the locals on 61.5. They could be waiting to see what happens to AMC-14 before the commit TPs on 61.5 to more national HD. Currently if they use the full potential of E12 (formerly R1) in spot beam mode they would have to use one of 2 TPs freed up from SA. E12 can do 1-23 odd transponders in spot beam mode. They currently have 1-15 odd blocked off and have some of them in spots. They also have NY on 17 and Boston on 21. They also have the Providence, RI locals on TP 16. So they could move RI from 16 to spot, move one of 19 or 23 to 16, and move the other one to a freed up SA TP.

This would give them 1 net empty TP from the 2 freed up on Tuesday. This is of course providing they want to fully use E12, but given the number of cities they have lit up on the eastern US map coming soon, they probably will want to do so.

So, at max I see 2 from 110 SciFi/USA, and 7 or so on the freed up TP on SA. This is probably until they figure out what is going to happen with AMC-14. If they do not get AMC-14 in place they will probably have to start moving internationals off proto to free up space. They are also waiting on FCC approval to test e6 at 77. They could be waiting on that too.

Essentially they way I see it now, is up to 9 new channels could be soon, more could be months away if they do not get AMC-14. Moving internationals is a long slow process since they have to get new dishes out to all the subs. Then run banners saying contact dish now to move your dish, then finally move the channels.

I am watching all the Hd channels I can have right now on Directv. I added them for more hd back in January. I still have DISH just for the hd pack and my locals. If any hd is added to DISH I should see it with the hd pack. IF you are tired of waiting for more hd , just downgrade to Hd pack and add DIRECTV for more hd NOW. ON March 31st Directv is supposed to add ABC family and some other national channels in hd .

This is what I did a month ago and I'm glad I did. Don't like playing the Charlie "Soon" Ergen waiting game. In addition, Direct's VOD blows Dish out of the water.

I've been dealing with executive office all week regarding a receiver issue. In my conversation I simply asked about more HD. The guy told me it's E's priority to "add a ton more" which I already knew. I then mentioned scifihd, he says "whoa yeah, we are getting inundated with emails about adding that channel" and I then asked if it will be on by BG and he said "who knows". I'd have to believe if it was going to be lit he'd know. Also, he did tell me that they were going to try and get the AMC14 into the correct orbit even if it means a shorter lifespan, more of what we already knew.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts