Status
Please reply by conversation.

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
I'm wondering if something is up - there is a noted lack of 4k content in the upcoming page:

Upcoming Events in 4K

...where is the content they had last year?

1) No premier league games scheduled? (these start this weekend!)
2) Notre Dame football?
3) FOX college stuff?

It's coming just not updated on the website yet. Football will be something to look for. There will be a big push soon.

If your a Cowboys fan, Thanksgiving is something you will be looking forward too! :)

It's coming just not updated on the website yet. Football will be something to look for. There will be a big push soon.

If your a Cowboys fan, Thanksgiving is something you will be looking forward too! :)

1) It's actually outdated now - the PGA championship is showing today, and it's not on that site.
2) SPILL THE BEANS K9SAT . :)

Any NFL in 4K would be humongous news.

1) It's actually outdated now - the PGA championship is showing today, and it's not on that site.
2) SPILL THE BEANS K9SAT . :)

Any NFL in 4K would be humongous news.

Yea I noticed that. NFL in 4k would be huge news! Not that I know anything! :D I do know one thing is if I was to upgrade my set to 4k between now and then I would make sure it has HDR included!

Reactions: DukeBlue
Got my C61K in today and moved the HR54 to the bedroom, and put the C61K on my 75" UHD tv. Man, the 103 channel looks great, reminds me of when we first got HD and things really popped. Checked out a UHD PPV download, it outputs 2160p/24 and looks pretty darn good on the big screen.

C61k also seems faster in menus than the HR54.

Saw this on Sports Video Group page.

Fox Sports is continuing down the 4K path this college-football season, producing and delivering one game a week in 4K for such providers as DirecTV. The 13-game effort, which marks Fox Sports’ first multigame 4K package to date, begins this weekend with Saturday’s matchup between the University of Maryland Terrapins and the University of Texas Longhorns. The weekly college-football game is Fox Sports Lab’s latest 4K effort, following NASCAR races and college-basketball games.

The first five 4K productions will be Maryland at Texas on Sept. 2, Minnesota at Oregon State on Sept. 9, Northern Illinois at Nebraska on Sept. 16, UCLA at Utah on Nov. 3, and Iowa at Nebraska on Nov. 24. The remainder of the schedule will be determined by college football’s regular six- or 12-day selection schedule.

Michael Davies, Fox Sports Media Group, SVP of Technical and Field Operations, says that Mobile TV Group’s 39FLEX production unit will be used for the 4K shows.

“It is the same truck that did the Notre Dame 4K coverage last year and it is a great truck and one of the more tested 4K trucks out there,” he says. There will not be a side-by-side production which will limit some of the bells and whistles in the HD show but will allow for a much more cost-effective production.

College football will be the latest property to join Fox Sports’ 4K portfolio. Also produced in 4K were the STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway in March and a pair of college-basketball games — California at Stanford University and Washington at UCLA — in February. This also marks the second college-football package to be delivered in 4K, following NBC Sports’ production of Notre Dame home games last season.

Fox Sports will distribute its full slate of college-football games in 4K via AT&T’s DirecTV. According to Multichannel News, Fox is also discussing 4K distribution of the games with other MVPDs, including Layer3 TV.

Look to Sportsvideo.org for more in-depth coverage of Fox Sports 4K college-football plans in the coming days.

Saw this on Sports Video Group page.

Fox Sports is continuing down the 4K path this college-football season, producing and delivering one game a week in 4K for such providers as DirecTV. The 13-game effort, which marks Fox Sports’ first multigame 4K package to date, begins this weekend with Saturday’s matchup between the University of Maryland Terrapins and the University of Texas Longhorns. The weekly college-football game is Fox Sports Lab’s latest 4K effort, following NASCAR races and college-basketball games.

The first five 4K productions will be Maryland at Texas on Sept. 2, Minnesota at Oregon State on Sept. 9, Northern Illinois at Nebraska on Sept. 16, UCLA at Utah on Nov. 3, and Iowa at Nebraska on Nov. 24. The remainder of the schedule will be determined by college football’s regular six- or 12-day selection schedule.

Michael Davies, Fox Sports Media Group, SVP of Technical and Field Operations, says that Mobile TV Group’s 39FLEX production unit will be used for the 4K shows.

“It is the same truck that did the Notre Dame 4K coverage last year and it is a great truck and one of the more tested 4K trucks out there,” he says. There will not be a side-by-side production which will limit some of the bells and whistles in the HD show but will allow for a much more cost-effective production.

College football will be the latest property to join Fox Sports’ 4K portfolio. Also produced in 4K were the STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway in March and a pair of college-basketball games — California at Stanford University and Washington at UCLA — in February. This also marks the second college-football package to be delivered in 4K, following NBC Sports’ production of Notre Dame home games last season.

Fox Sports will distribute its full slate of college-football games in 4K via AT&T’s DirecTV. According to Multichannel News, Fox is also discussing 4K distribution of the games with other MVPDs, including Layer3 TV.

Look to Sportsvideo.org for more in-depth coverage of Fox Sports 4K college-football plans in the coming days.

Thanks.

Explains why no Notre Dame this year, too. Too bad.

DIRECTV to Present 4K Coverage of Notre Dame Football on NBC

Now this shows NBC Sports in 4K, but also shows D* channel 106

2016 NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL ON NBC IN 4K SCHEDULE (all times ET)***

DATE

TIME

GAME

NETWORK

Saturday, September 10

3:30 p.m.

Nevada – Notre Dame

NBC / DIRECTV Channel 106

Saturday, September 17

7:30 p.m.

Michigan State – Notre Dame

Saturday, September 24

Duke – Notre Dame

Saturday, October 15

7:30 p.m.

Stanford – Notre Dame

Saturday, October 29

Miami – Notre Dame

Saturday, November 19

Virginia Tech – Notre Dame

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts