Where is the demo channel for HDTV?

BlackHitachi

Medford Oregon
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2003
Medford, Oregon
Hello i am hooked up to three different birds 110 119 and 148. I just thought that the HD demo channel was on 61.5 and 148? I dont see it so it must be just on 61.5 is this correct? Also since i have been hooked up to the 148 bird i get two hbo's and showtimes. why is it that dish cannot put different HD on the 148 why have the same as just a 500 system?

BlackHitachi said:
Hello i am hooked up to three different birds 110 119 and 148. I just thought that the HD demo channel was on 61.5 and 148? I dont see it so it must be just on 61.5 is this correct?
HD demo is on 61.5 only
Also since i have been hooked up to the 148 bird i get two hbo's and showtimes. why is it that dish cannot put different HD on the 148 why have the same as just a 500 system?

huh? shouldnt be

thank you for the reply about the demo channel.. Yea i have two Hbo's and two sho's channels are HBO 9440 9456. Sho's 9430 9460. They both work when i select them.. I just thought this was very wierd.. I was going to ask simple simon i am pretty sure he is also hooked up to the 148.

BlackHitachi said:
thank you for the reply about the demo channel.. Yea i have two Hbo's and two sho's channels are HBO 9440 9456. Sho's 9430 9460. They both work when i select them.. I just thought this was very wierd.. I was going to ask simple simon i am pretty sure he is also hooked up to the 148.

yep, the same happened to me once I got a second dish added pointed at 148. I also thought it was weird until I realized that not everybody get all sats up there so they need to have same channels in different sats.

you're right
9430 & 9440 are on 148
9456 & 9460 are on 110

Wonder why they are duplicated like that? They arent on 61.5

I think it has to do with moving things around. I seem to remember a blurb in the EPG some months ago about those HD's moving OFF 148. That of course means NBC & FOX HD West could drop right in to those spots.

As to why some things here vs. there - it has to do with which birds can be easily seen from where.

And of course, a lot of this is sheer speculation - nobody knows what they're really going to do.

You get a better look at 148 in Alaska and Hawaii. Maybe they left hBO and Showtime there so that those folks could make use of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)