where is the free android slingplayer app?

pnd4pnd

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2006
when i logged on, the dish website said there will be a free andriod app for 922 owners. does anyone know anything about this app or when it will be released?

thanks!

hmm that's not what it said when i logged on.... but ok... you the man.

It won't be a free slingplayer app but there will be a free dish remote access app.

The slingplayer app is out now for $29.99.

From the Dish Network site:

IS MY PHONE COMPATIBLE? iPhone/iPod touch | Android | BlackBerry | Window Mobile

iPhone/iPod touch
SlingPlayer Mobile is compatible with all versions of the iPhone and iPod touch. You will need to purchase SlingPlayer Mobile from iTunes App Store and be reimbursed by DISH.
Please note, only one SlingPlayer Mobile App credit per DISH Network account.

Android
SlingPlayer Mobile is now compatible with Android mobile phones, and is available for purchase in the Android Market. A separate DISH Remote Access application will be available for FREE in the Android Market in the near future. Please check back often for updates on when the FREE DISH Remote Access application will be available.

BlackBerry
Many BlackBerry smartphones from AT&T and T-Mobile are compatible.

...The question is how long it will take. I am sure the wait will be painfully long. Unfortunately it looks like we will never get free "Sling" support, only free remote access

Last edited:
From the Dish Network site:

IS MY PHONE COMPATIBLE? iPhone/iPod touch | Android | BlackBerry | Window Mobile

iPhone/iPod touch
SlingPlayer Mobile is compatible with all versions of the iPhone and iPod touch. You will need to purchase SlingPlayer Mobile from iTunes App Store and be reimbursed by DISH.
Please note, only one SlingPlayer Mobile App credit per DISH Network account.

Android
SlingPlayer Mobile is now compatible with Android mobile phones, and is available for purchase in the Android Market. A separate DISH Remote Access application will be available for FREE in the Android Market in the near future. Please check back often for updates on when the FREE DISH Remote Access application will be available.

BlackBerry
Many BlackBerry smartphones from AT&T and T-Mobile are compatible.

...The question is how long it will take. I am sure the wait will be painfully long. Unfortunately it looks like we will never get free "Sling" support, only free remote access

Uh, what's with the free app for iPhone, Blackberry and WM, but having to pay for android?

They announced on the retailer chat yesterday there will be a free version of the app for the android that will be available later this fall.

They announced on the retailer chat yesterday there will be a free version of the app for the android that will be available later this fall.

Is that the Dish Remote Access App? It will include slingplayer capabilities?

If I go ahead and create my mobile account now... will I be able to get the free version later? I've been waiting to setup my mobile account because I wanted to be sure and get the android player free.

Last edited:
It's available from your phone's Android Market app. It's called DISH Remote Access and is free. There is also the $29.99 app that is called SlingPlayer Mobile. Myself, I would be inclined to try the Free DISH Remote Access app first before shelling out $29.99 (On top of paying $99+ for the sling adapter), just to see how it works.

I checked the comments for this App and there are good and bad comments. The good comments (at least for me) is that it works great with Droid X. The not so good is if you have Droid 1 or 2, people are experiencing crashes (I'm not familiar with these smart phones and only owned this one for 4 days, so I never heard of a Droid 1 or 2) or their DVR timers were deleted, but who knows what people do when they use their products and then report back that something is wrong when they may be doing something wrong - or their product may need updating - or the app just ain't made for their old Android phone :shrug:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)