Please reply by conversation.

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
This is getting silly - they only signed the contract at CES! :mad:

I'm going to blow a gasket if this isn't up by the Big East Tourney, as the game swapping between the networks is oh-so-annoying!

TNT HD = another matter, as the contracts haven't been made public yet.

maybe if espn-hd2 had more than 8 hours of hd a week (thats being very generous) it would have shown up by now

I know this question is kinda off the beaten path, but when Sportscenter HD is on, does ESPN consider this 1 hour of HD programming? I mean, if you watch the Sportscenter in HD I swear not even half the programming time is in actual HD. Am I wrong or just bitter? :mad:

Story from D* is that even though they have the contract for this channel. There isn't enough HD content on the channel, to justify the 24/7 bandwidth constraint this channel would add to the HD mix.

BFG said:
Story from D* is that even though they have the contract for this channel. There isn't enough HD content on the channel, to justify the 24/7 bandwidth constraint this channel would add to the HD mix.

Then I think it is going to be a loooooong wait before we see the deuce in HD.

I for 1 don't see any new HD until after all the locals are up in HD but thats just me. I am really considering getting voom agin , They have everything that D does except for HDNET and HDNET movies which I do not watch . I will see what happens after today with voom and make my decision

I just want to see the conference tourniment games on ESPN2 HD. If I wasn't getting HD for free from D*, I'd cancel as I can't justify paying $11/month for the HD content (or lack there of).

Why don't they do what they do with the NBA games and show the ESPN2HD content on the 90's (former ST channels) when there is an HD game? "Tilt" doesn't count of course...

The funny thing is that I was in ESPNZONE a week ago. I believe that they have Directv and if that is the case, they dont get ESPN2HD either!

Which ESPN Zone location? ESPN2-HD is not on D* yet so they would only have it only if they were in that particular NE cable region or if they can get a direct satellite feed from their broadcast center.

juan said:
maybe if espn-hd2 had more than 8 hours of hd a week (thats being very generous) it would have shown up by now

That's only 4 hours less than ESPN-HD...so what gives???

Anyone heard anything about this starting anytime soon? Like in the next few days?

Nope, I think it has been determined that no HD will be added until after the first of the new satellites are up & operational sometime around late May or June at the earliest.

Well then I guess it's lame. It's more profitable for them to use the bandwidth for March Madness coming up. Perhaps when that is over they'll finally add espn2, but then again something else special might come along that they'll want that bandwidth for. like for example they;ve been using bandwidth to show fsn hd games in the 90s

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts