Where Oh Where is YouTube? Directv???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

IndyRose

Original poster
Aug 5, 2013
Indiana
We enjoy watching YouTube videos and had that option with a DVD player but thought that with Directv Cinema might not have such a problem with buffering, plus the "on demand" viewing. Well so far the on demand works but the YouTube is a flop. In a nutshell is the background of what I can remember what we have done over the past two weeks:
( HR22 box and ATT broadband connection (2wire))

1. Installed Directv Cinema and got it linked with our wireless network.
  2. Can access On Demand, Pandora, TV Apps, but no icon for YouTube. Can’t pull up YouTube videos in Smart Search. Waited 48 hrs. Same result.
  3. Rebooted, reinstalled
  4. Same result
  5. Called Directv: did as directed with reinstall, same result
  6. Checked firewall and port forwarding, no luck
  7. Called Directv: did as directed with checking system and told to wait 48hrs, same result
  8. Forced install of new software by using 02468 method at startup screen, reinstalled network same result as #2.
  9. Waited for 48 hrs, same result as in #2
  10. Can watch On Demand and other features work fine, but what we wanted was to have an interface with YouTube.
  11. SAME RESULT: frustration
The question that we have, is this a hardware problem that would be solved by getting the Genie box (we can get free upgrade)? Or is this a problem that can be solved with the current box HR22 with a visit from a technician?
Thanks!

We enjoy watching YouTube videos and had that option with a DVD player but thought that with Directv Cinema might not have such a problem with buffering, plus the "on demand" viewing. Well so far the on demand works but the YouTube is a flop. In a nutshell is the background of what I can remember what we have done over the past two weeks:
( HR22 box and ATT broadband connection (2wire))

1. Installed Directv Cinema and got it linked with our wireless network.
  2. Can access On Demand, Pandora, TV Apps, but no icon for YouTube. Can’t pull up YouTube videos in Smart Search. Waited 48 hrs. Same result.
  3. Rebooted, reinstalled
  4. Same result
  5. Called Directv: did as directed with reinstall, same result
  6. Checked firewall and port forwarding, no luck
  7. Called Directv: did as directed with checking system and told to wait 48hrs, same result
  8. Forced install of new software by using 02468 method at startup screen, reinstalled network same result as #2.
  9. Waited for 48 hrs, same result as in #2
  10. Can watch On Demand and other features work fine, but what we wanted was to have an interface with YouTube.
  11. SAME RESULT: frustration
The question that we have, is this a hardware problem that would be solved by getting the Genie box (we can get free upgrade)? Or is this a problem that can be solved with the current box HR22 with a visit from a technician?
Thanks!
Is this New service ?
Chances are, you just haven't waited long enough, the You tube and the Pandora are somewhat tied together they seem to show up at the same time, sometimes it may take up to a week, but after that, it's there.
Curious, what is your internet speed ?

Jimbo nailed it. Pandora and YouTube typically take about a week to pop up. I always make it a point to tell customers that expect to see it in about 6-8 days. For some reason these two take the longest to generate. And yes, you may have 1 but not the other. Stay patient and you'll prolly see it populate in about a week. My HR22 lost YouTube about 3 months ago and it took almost 2 weeks to come back. It's not a big deal to me since I think I've used the feature once since I've had it

try rebooting twice, back to back.. this will usually bring them up.
Press red button to reset, wait for the reset to finish (TV show back on), then hit the red button again.

Not really. We have had Directv for about four years.

You've been using this recvr for 4 years now ?

If you can access Pandora, your connected to the internet ... ( I don't think it's Sat loaded)

Interesting, you should have it if you've been using it, I originally thought you just set it up.

Worked!

try rebooting twice, back to back.. this will usually bring them up. Press red button to reset, wait for the reset to finish (TV show back on), then hit the red button again.
The double reboot worked! Overnight the YouTube icon showed up. Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts