Where Oh Where will the HD locals be?

Im going to go for a longshot here and say its going to based on where they are located at? Maybe 61.5 for alot of the east coast and all that then 129 for mid area region and then 148 for west coast. That would only make logical sense to me :) Only put them on the birds that that area needs to have access to and keep the 110,119 birds free for HD Feeds that are national like discovery and such.

I wonder if the new satellite Echo10 that goes up in the first quarter of 06' will come into play with some of the HD locals. This is one big muther f***** with lots of spotbeams that would be perfect for HD locals. Who knows. 61.5 and 129 does sound like a good guess though. The only thing that bothers me about 129 is that it is in not to good of shape.

61.5 spotbeams on rainbow 1 for 3 of those east coast cites mentioned.

LA will be national on 129 and NY will be national on 61.5 for distants

I wonder when they will put the other three NY and LA channels (FOX, NBC, and ABC) up for customers. My DMA is #40 and my FOX and NBC stations are O&O so I know it will be awhile before Dish puts my DMA up and it will be good if they put the other three NY channels up so that I can get FOX and NBC until they come around to my DMA.

Question, I see folks guessing that they'll put the HD locals on the wings. If they do that would they be in violation of the FCC rule that says that all the locals in a market need to be on the same dish? I know that applies to SD but would the local stations b*tch to the FCC if E* required their viewers to get a 2nd dish to view their HD signal?

Well, not quite, iirc isnt the one dish solution just for locals, ie ONE dish for locals, and then the other dish(es) for the rest of the core programming etc!

CJPC said:
Well, not quite, iirc isnt the one dish solution just for locals, ie ONE dish for locals, and then the other dish(es) for the rest of the core programming etc!

That's my point. Can E*, for example, put the Washington DC SD locals on 110/119 for a Dish 500 but then put the HD locals on 61.5? Not all stations would have a HD signal so then you're back to a two dish solution, 61.5 for HD and 110/119 for the remaining SD locals.

Guess you got me there :p

I suppose, well, hrmm! Not sure if the one dish rule goes for HD and SD, if its SD only, it isnt an issue. However since the SD locals are all still there (all of em) it would still comply!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)