where should I move my Dish that is pointed at 148?

AdamGott

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Idaho Falls, ID
I have three dishes (110/119, 129, 148) and now that 148 is seemingly dead (?) is there any benefit in hitting another satellite with it? I can go through the charts and see (and I will) but there is a good chance that I will miss anything that I might want or need.

I know that a long time ago some of the PI channels were only on 61.5 and 148. Should I go ahead and re-aim for 61.5?

Oh. I just found the part of 'the list' in which all of the channels and satellites that broadcast them are listed. Thanks! (and great idea I might add!)

After looking at the list it seems that I have everything covered except for the following:

Big 10 alternate channels - 61.5 only
International channels - 118.7 and 61.5 only
Pentagon and Classic Arts - 61.5 only

Do they still give any free previews of the international channels? They were routinely showing free previews of many of the channels back when they were on 148.

After looking at the list it seems that I have everything covered except for the following:

Big 10 alternate channels - 61.5 only
International channels - 118.7 and 61.5 only
Pentagon and Classic Arts - 61.5 only

Do they still give any free previews of the international channels? They were routinely showing free previews of many of the channels back when they were on 148.

All the Internationals are now at 118, which is an FSS Ku band satellite and requires a special LNBF and a larger dish to receive the signal. A DBS LNBF will not help you receive 118. Dish uses a special dual-band LNBF that receives both DBS 119 and FSS Ku 118: one LNBF to receive both 119 and 118.

I have seen many free international preview lately, but they have all been at the 118 location, so don't expect free international previews at any of the DBS locations.

However, there are a few exceptions: Dish may put up a free international preview at the DBS locations for new types of internationals that are not currently available on Dish--not just a new channel, and the other exception are the international sports tournaments. Many people don't want international channels, but will pay for the international sports tournaments, so those have to available at the DBS locations for Dish to offer these to all customers and maximize the profit potential for Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)