Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
I'm trying to aim a pizza dish at 125W. Yes, I've done it before, and no, I don't expect to get any S2 signals. :) My first try landed me on 129W, so I moved east and up. Now I'm on a bird with three transponders strong enough to show up:

11705 H 4999 (moderate)
11860 V 9999 (strong)
11873 V 9999 (weak)

None of them show any channels, and I can't find any satellite with those three transponders on LyngSat or TheList.

I'd hazard a guess and say 123W
I know there are some data TP's on that sat with a symbol rate of 10000

These two are data muxes on Anik F2 at 111° West.
11860 V 9999
11873 V 9999

11705 H 4999 - There is a DVB-S2 data mux on Satmex 6 at 113° West.

Last edited:
Yeah, and I can't figure out how. I suspected I was in the area of of 111 when I saw where the sun was casting its shadows (it's way below the arc now, but satbeams.com tells you when it's at the same azimuth anyway). I think the stupid pole clamp on the back of the dish is twisted all to hell so it moves in elevation when you're just trying to change the azimuth (a result of me trying to loosen some rusted bolts), but that's still a ridiculous distance.

Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

I guess the lesson here is, put your motorized dish where you can get the whole arc! But that would've been a LOT of cable to bury, so I put it near the house where it can get 61 to about 113 (it comes and goes with the wind), and the only thing west of there I care to see is 125.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)