where to buy my dish?

Danzio

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Is there a difference in promotions? They all look pretty much the same. Are there any that you guys would recommend or conversely, recommend to avoid?

I need a 4 tv system, one HD with DVR. I currently have Adelphia with Moxi and I am sick and tired of all the problems with both of them. I had Direct TV a few years ago and had my share of issues with them as well, that's why I am going to try Dish this time. My question is simply, are there any third party dealers that are known for their customer service or are they all the same snakes. Should I simply go directly to Dish? Is there still a backorder on the 622? And finally, are there any consistent problems with the 622?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Get it from the dish store. that way you get a great deal and you support satellite guys. but that could just be me. and if you say u are from satellite guys I do believe that you get a discount... but i could be very wrong. call up and ask.

Amen to Mr. Grenier and Dishstore.net. As for the dish itself got my Dish1000 fro $80 shipped off ebay when it came out.

Go to the hardware store, get the parts, get a Walmart "Homeland Security" $40 monitor and long cable to carry it next to the dish, then lurk here and ask questions, you'll be in biz in no time.

Dan,
For HD with a DVR you'll need $299. The other 322 and dish will be supplied for free.

CALL A LOCAL RETAILER!!!!!!!

fred
(Is the Dish-store guy gonna come out and fix any problems?)

Thanks to all for the replies. I think I will follow Fred's advice and find a local retailer.

Dan

Find a local satellite professional! Not a cellular store, wallmart, Sears etc. Hint ask them what LNBF stands for! If they can't answer that keep walking.... (Low noise block feedhorn).

CALL A LOCAL RETAILER!! and take jimmy's advice if you know more then the sales rep dont buy it there! a local retailer is responsible for there work for at least 90 days after install, find a large local dealer and buy there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)