Where to buy new HWS and Joey's?

NAC

Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
California
I've been looking at buying equipment that I can keep but don't know where to buy new HWS or Joey's from a reputable retailer. Where do you guys recommend to buy? Thanks.

Keep in mind that, even though you own the equipment, you will still pay the same amount of money for the use of it. Your choice...

Me too. Have used them since 2003 for all my upgrades , dishes, lnbs , switches etc for all 3 of my DISH accounts for me and my extended family.
And while you've done that it has cost you exactly the same, monthly, as what it has cost me to have Dish provide me with the same equipment for no equipment cost at all.... ;)

And while you've done that it has cost you exactly the same, monthly, as what it has cost me to have Dish provide me with the same equipment for no equipment cost at all.... ;)
And you don't run the risk of your equipment being obsoleted out.

My equipment can and has been traded in for credit towards the newest and best new thing over the years. NO TAX on any thing I buy from dishdepot and free shipping. I can install it myself ,which I like to do since I have three accounts with all addresses that I "moved" to in order to get the locals I want. I have learned how to do my own sat dish installs and even installed my hopper setup with super joey by following the directions that come with my new equipment from dishdepot.com . I have never been in contract with DISH from the beginning because back in 97 you bought your equipment to begin with . This gives me all kinds of leverage with DISH to get Discounts on my programming and other freebies each year because I do not upgrade through them directly. I am currently on my 7th month of a year promo I negotiated with DISH, that gives me $65.00 a month off to stay with them= $780.00 in savings for year. This is also like the 4th year I have received discounts and other freebies. I think I have come out just fine owning my receivers vs renting them from DISH.:smug

And you don't run the risk of your equipment being obsoleted out.

One definite benefit of ownership mentioned here many times...you can turn owned receivers on/off at will, w/out having to return them & or pay to get them back. Good for RV's, 2nd homes, guest rooms, etc that are NOT always used.

One definite benefit of ownership mentioned here many times...you can turn owned receivers on/off at will, w/out having to return them & or pay to get them back. Good for RV's, 2nd homes, guest rooms, etc that are NOT always used.
You are correct, but is not really the advantage for everyday use year round. There is an option for everyone, some are better for different situations.

Well don't forget (for "everyday use")...the fact that E* will NOT even lease more than 2 Ho's on an account, which leaves subs that want/need more than 6 tuners no choice, but to purchase those additional receivers... ;)

Reactions: DishGXY
To the TS, you could always Try EBAY!

I've had no issues buying Dish equipment from retailers on Ebay, that many times will beat everyone else's price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts