Where to buy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tricon1966

Original poster
Aug 28, 2018
Phx Az
I live in phx Az. I’m interested in getting an FTA system for my cabin I can’t see paying for satellite when I’m only up there a hand full of times I know I can go on the internet and buy a complete KU setup but would rather spend my money locally. Does anyone know of a place in Phoenix or vicinity that sells FTA’s won’t need it installed thx

From what I’ve been reading I think a KU band to start off I already have the direct tv equipment as in mast and coax so I figured it would be easier to swap out the dish and receiver to give it a try

Reactions: FTA4PA
The best dish/LNBF combo for the money is the GSP90cm wth KU PLL LNB: www.ebay.com/itm/36-Inch-90-cm-Free-To-Air-FTA-Satellite-Dish-HD-LNBF/122007810338

One of the best receivers for the FTA newbie and for reliable / simple to operate for the casual hobbyist is the Amiko mini HD265: www.ebay.com/itm/Amiko-Mini-HD265-FTA-Receiver-DVB-S2-H-265-HEVC-With-NTP-/172652269201

Go with a fixed dish install first, then add a motor once you feel comfortable tracking the arc and tuning the dish.Your first install attempt should have the dish low and preferably near the ground so the dish is easy to aim while you watch the signal meter readings on a TV placed beside the dish.

The best motor solution for the GSP 36" dish is the STAB HH90: www.ebay.com/itm/STAB-HH-90-SATELLITE-DISH-ROTOR-USALS-DiSEqC-MOTORIZED-H-H-MOTOR-FOR-90CM-DISH/352358044102

All are very good resellers and are available for telephone and email support.

Don't forget to remove any splitters, switches, power inserters from the DirecTV coax line. Depending on the type of DirecTV dish that was installed, the mount may need to be adapted to fit the FTA dishes. Should be fine for mounting a motor if enough clearance from the roof or wall.

Good Luck!

The output details on the Amiko HD 265 in the above link states, "S/PDIF optical". However, the close up of the back panel certainly looks like a coaxial digital output to me. Can anyone confirm which is correct?

The output details on the Amiko HD 265 in the above link states, "S/PDIF optical". However, the close up of the back panel certainly looks like a coaxial digital output to me. Can anyone confirm which is correct?
Yes it is not a TOSLINK connection. Should be speced as S/PDIF Coaxial

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts