Where to get new smart card?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dlsnyder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Moreno Valley, CA
I have a model 301 receiver that I had used on my account a few years ago before the last smart card swap. Until now I hadn't had a use for it, but now I would like to reactivate it. I called Dish and was told that a new smart card would cost me $59.95, but that I could possibly get one for less from a retailer. He specifically mentioned WalMart, which seemed strange to me as WalMart hasn't carried Dish equipment in a long time (I bought this receiver there on closeout about 7 years ago). I looked at Dishstore.net and Clyde doesn't appear to stock them. Will I have to go through Dish or is there another less expensive route?

CSR roulette,I bought a 722K that had imbedded obsolete card:( they sent me one for FREE!

Have the receiver update its current software BEFORE! inserting new card

Consider adding the DHPP, then they'll send you the new card for free (that's what I did). When you cancel the plan you'll have the $25 fee, but that sounds cheaper than what you are considering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts