where to learn more about the industry?

kyboy4u

Original poster
Oct 28, 2013
kentucky
I appreciate in advance if you take the time to hear me out and give me some advice.
Im very interested in pursuing a career in the satellite industry , however I have zero formal knowledge and a basic understanding of how it works. I have done a few 500 and 1000.4 installs for relatives but im no where near confident enough to pursue a career in it.
I understand that an entry level tech will recieve training upon being hired. But I'm simply not programmed to walk into something like that blind/ignorant. I want to learn as much as possible before I take the next step. So my question is: where online or elsewhere can I study and learn more about this? Ive combed the threads and learned alot from the awesome folks here. But found very little resources online. Any advice as to where I can find literature and training?

I appreciate in advance if you take the time to hear me out and give me some advice.
Im very interested in pursuing a career in the satellite industry , however I have zero formal knowledge and a basic understanding of how it works. I have done a few 500 and 1000.4 installs for relatives but im no where near confident enough to pursue a career in it.
I understand that an entry level tech will recieve training upon being hired. But I'm simply not programmed to walk into something like that blind/ignorant. I want to learn as much as possible before I take the next step. So my question is: where online or elsewhere can I study and learn more about this? Ive combed the threads and learned alot from the awesome folks here. But found very little resources online. Any advice as to where I can find literature and training?

Run while you still can.....

Sorry, really negative right now. Even though I hut.my sales goal this month, I'm still not good enough......

If you want to learn basic satellite install, YouTube is your friend. If you want to read a PDF file of a complete installation handbook for Dish installs, pm me your email address and ill send one to you.

If dish in house is your plan, you'll get all the knowledge you need to do everything they require in training. No previous experience required.

Sorry, really negative right now. Even though I hut.my sales goal this month, I'm still not good enough......

If you want to learn basic satellite install, YouTube is your friend. If you want to read a PDF file of a complete installation handbook for Dish installs, pm me your email address and ill send one to you.

If dish in house is your plan, you'll get all the knowledge you need to do everything they require in training. No previous experience required.

Can you send that pdf to me? I'm looking to rough wire my own house and do my own install.

Can you send that pdf to me? I'm looking to rough wire my own house and do my own install.

If you are wiring your house just remember that overkill is not a bad thing. Make sure all of your cables start at one location (utility room) and then go out to anywhere you could imagine putting a TV. I would run 4 cables outside and at least two cables to every location you want TV. I doesn't hurt to run cat5 along with those coax cables. Use good RG6 solid copper coax, it's cheaper in the long run to do it right the first time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts