Where to purchase receiver?

TankJr

Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
New York
Looking for most basic SD receiver for basement, living room and cottage. I am reading there was an online store affiliated with this forum but no longer in service? Any advise where would be the least costly price to buy the receivers?

Though the website is down (always a bad sign), try clint@ae-tx.com. I used him to get my 211k back in 2010. He was exceptionally helpful. Wonder if he actually made any money on me after all the time he spent answering questions!

Try www.dishdepot.tv (formerly dishdepot.com) I have bought all my receivers from Mark at dishdepot since 2003. He doesn't charge any tax for anything you buy from him ,unless you live in Florida, where he is located. He also lets you trade in your older receivers for credit towards the purchase of newer models when they come out. I can't recommend Mark any higher.:usa2:

Try www.dishdepot.tv (formerly dishdepot.com) I have bought all my receivers from Mark at dishdepot since 2003. He doesn't charge any tax for anything you buy from him ,unless you live in Florida, where he is located. He also lets you trade in your older receivers for credit towards the purchase of newer models when they come out. I can't recommend Mark any higher.:usa2:
I'd have to agree. Mark is great to deal with.

I'll chime in, too, and give a thumbs-up to Mark. I bought the JVC D-VHS receiver in my avatar from DishDepot back in the day and later, my 942.

I'll chime in, too, and give a thumbs-up to Mark. I bought the JVC D-VHS receiver in my avatar from DishDepot back in the day and later, my 942.

The avatar pic rocks. ;) And I thought I was doing it right when I had my 211k talking to my VCR. Little did I know...

rufwork said:
The avatar pic rocks. ;)
Way off-topic, but I have dozens of D-VHS tapes I recorded with the JVC and no way to watch them. Mostly Babylon 5 recorded off of WSBK. No need to keep them now since I have the DVDs.

Way off-topic, but I have dozens of D-VHS tapes I recorded with the JVC and no way to watch them. Mostly Babylon 5 recorded off of WSBK. No need to keep them now since I have the DVDs.
To the garbage can!

I had a recent transaction on a receiver from there recently & can honestly say it was a good price/experience, good communication & quick shipping. What they offer isn't much of difference than what retailers have to pay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)