Where's the best fast-food place to get dessert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Lots of fast-food places have very good desert items, from the McDonald's McFlurry to the Hershey's Sundae Pie at Burger King (BTW, I remember there were a lot of those from my youth in Buffalo (heck, you can see Burger King in my avatar)- good times, good times...).

But what do YOU consider the best choice?

Fatburger and Steak and Shake milkshakes are real good.....I've never had a bad Frosty either.

I don't to be honest; I would rather walk a block or two and get dessert from a place that specializes; say Cold Stone Creamery.

Heck; I don't even prefer to buy my pizza, burgers, sandwiches or taco/burritos from the run of the mill chain joints.

Cold stone creamery Rocks! I have been on a diet for a while and have not went there in months. (Lost 28 lbs so far).

McDonalds have good mcFlurries. Not bad for the money.
Bob Evans strawberry pie a la mode (with ice cream) is great.

I don't to be honest; I would rather walk a block or two and get dessert from a place that specializes; say Cold Stone Creamery.

Heck; I don't even prefer to buy my pizza, burgers, sandwiches or taco/burritos from the run of the mill chain joints.

+1 :up Although I've never been to Cold Stone, I'd rather stay away from a "fast food" place for dessert (and all other food for that matter). If it's fast, the quality is lacking IMO.

I am with you charper, fast-foods typically suck and their desserts are even worse. That's why avoid fast food restaurants like the plague. The only fast-food dessert I actually craved (although I don't know why because I doubt they were an actual food product) were the old McDonald's fried applie pies that were discontinued years ago (1992?) because people kept getting 2nd degree burns when biting into one of these piping-hot gems.

These fried pies had an artificial crust that was always crispy no matter now long they had been sitting around, they were generously coated with sugar and cinnamon, and the lava-hot fruit-flavored goo would be expelled into your mouth like firey hot bullet when biting into one. As a kid, I had a love-pain relationship with these little pies.:eek:

Comebacks we'd like to see: #10 -- McDonald's fried apple pie - WalletPop

+1 :up Although I've never been to Cold Stone, I'd rather stay away from a "fast food" place for dessert (and all other food for that matter). If it's fast, the quality is lacking IMO.

Mostly agree, but Culvers is different. They take pride in their frozen custard as a product that stands by itself, not as a high profit add-on.

I am with you charper, fast-foods typically suck and their desserts are even worse. That's why avoid fast food restaurants like the plague. The only fast-food dessert I actually craved (although I don't know why because I doubt they were an actual food product) were the old McDonald's fried applie pies that were discontinued years ago (1992?) because people kept getting 2nd degree burns when biting into one of these piping-hot gems.

]

those things made great engine block heaters in subfreezing temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)