Where's the Weather Channel App?

Baltzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 23, 2011
NE PA USA
The Weather Channel app. (Ch. 213) is gone from my lineup. It happened sometime this afternoon because I checked it this morning with no problem. Does anyone else have this problem?

The Weather Channel app. (Ch. 213) is gone from my lineup. It happened sometime this afternoon because I checked it this morning with no problem. Does anyone else have this problem?
It was removed today, along with the SD version of channel 214, as part of the Western Arc conversion.

It was removed today, along with the SD version of channel 214, as part of the Western Arc conversion.

I'm in Pennsylvania, on the Eastern Arc. How does this affect me?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Sorry, but I don't know much about the behind-the-scenes workings at Dish. Is the W.C. app deletion permanent? If it will be restored, any idea when?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Sorry, but I don't know much about the behind-the-scenes workings at Dish. Is the W.C. app deletion permanent? If it will be restored, any idea when?
My understanding is that the app deletion is permanent. I have an older receiver, so I can't confirm this, but the newer receivers have apps that are internet based instead of satellite based. And I thought there was a weather app, but I could be mistaken.

My understanding is that the app deletion is permanent. I have an older receiver, so I can't confirm this, but the newer receivers have apps that are internet based instead of satellite based. And I thought there was a weather app, but I could be mistaken.
It is as of today, the interactive app is gone.
Starting on 7/5 the Weather Channel's interactive channel 213 will no longer be available on VIP receivers.
If you are onsite for a service call due to the removal of the channel, inform the customer that the channel is no longer available on their receiver.
If the customer has internet connectivity at the home, upgrading to a Hopper family receiver will allow them to continue to receive this channel.

It is unfortunately gone on the VIP receiver family.

The Hopper receiver family (including the lovely Wally receiver) has a couple of great options (but they do require internet connection). Both the Weather Channel and Weather Nation app work very similarly. I personally do not recommend "LocalNow" on channel 213 for these receivers as it is focused on more than just weather.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts