getstuff4less

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
CA
The hills worry me.
Screenshot_1.png
TV Fool report.

Not sure what antenna you are referencing. It is technically impossible on flat terrain to have 150 mile range.

75 miles: Yes with right set-up
100 miles: Doubtful
150 miles: Impossible

Man those are some big antennas.I was trying to get the op out reasonably cheap lol.

he could get a HBU44 which isnt as much.
I figured with him being 40 miles away from some of the LA stations you will need a bigger antenna

he could get a HBU44 which isnt as much.
I figured with him being 40 miles away from some of the LA stations you will need a bigger antenna

In that regard I agree.I was looking at the first few channels in his report that were in the 35 mile range.Bigger would be better also factoring in the terrain.

Hello,

Thanks for trying to save me money. However, I am willing to spend up to $150. I also need recommendations on a amplifier (if needed), mast, and wires or a bundle. In addition, here is the link to the thread at TV fool:
http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=13029&goto=newpost
They seem to have a far different opinion than you guys. I really think that the first one linked is not going to do the job since is so small.

The terrain is really a factor and I think the report doesn't factor that in I really rather have a single antenna for VHF and UHF signals. It makes seems far less complicated to install.

Sent from my iPad:confused:

Last edited:
The terrain is really a factor and I think the report doesn't factor that in I really rather have a single antenna for VHF and UHF signals. It makes seems far less complicated to install.

I guess the reason folks say 2 antennas is that Fox, ABC, KCOP and KCAL are all on VHF and on Mt Wilson which is 290 on a compass (NW)
Most of the other stations are on UHF and NE of you (68 compass)

The fact they are in 2 different directions would be why 2 separate antennas sometimes work better. Most of the Mt Wilson UHF stations show negative on the chart which unless you have a big setup wont come in (and even if they do it might be hit and miss)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)