Which Azbox "Does it all" ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Does ANYONE make a satellite tuner box that will also tune OTA tv, in a single device? I mean, one that works in the US?

some older models will but they have issues too
Coolsat 8000 & 8100 will. Both have ASTC tuner in them and a sat tuner that does DVB & DVB-S2. The 8100 has an option for a hard drive (the 8000 doesnt). They can be had cheap. Only drawback is no blind scan
Pansat 9200 can do both but to get DVB-S2 in it you need an extra S2 board installed. Otherwise its just DVB. Has blind scan (slow..but thorough. All Pansats like that). Drawback is hard drive has to be an esata drive (not USB) and wont work with Diseqc 1.1 capability (the switch you have wouldnt work with it)

the coolsat 8100 would be a good fit if it did more than 31 diseqc 1.2 positions. too bad coolsat is dead.

crackt out,.

there is software out there that solves this issue....and removes the annoying beep when you go into the dish setup...and gives it Diseqc 1.1 capability

Iceberg said:
there is software out there that solves this issue....and removes the annoying beep when you go into the dish setup...and gives it Diseqc 1.1 capability

i believe we beat this horse to death before iceberg and i still stand by my statement that you can not save more than 31 diseqc 1.2 positions with the coolsat 8000 or 8100. i believe you are referring to the 31 sat list entry limit that firmware versions previous to 2025a had. what im talking about is saving diseqc 1.2 positions to a vbox or gbox. since the coolsat doesnt let you choose the position number and only has a save button it increments the position number after each unique save command. problem is after you save 31 positions the save command does nothing. im sure the two issues were related somehow in the source code but only the sat list limit was corrected before coolsat imploded.

crackt out,.

I didnt know that about the vbox. I know my SG2100 worked with more than 31 Diseqc 1.2 positions with that newer software

its the reason mine got sold. when i modded the 1m cm and ran a vbox on it and a gbox on the ten footer. i needed 60+ positions and all i could get was 31.

crackt out,.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)