Which c /Ku LNBF to purchase?

Steve_K

Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
East Coast
Hello,
Not sure if this is where I should post this but wanted input from users of this area. I'm a newbe here (on a budget of some what and deciding on a AZ box Premium + or a Ultra). Anyway, I was wondering if someone can suggest a good C / KU Lnbf that will work on an old prime star dish with either of these units? (My location is Central North Carolina) The Prime Star dish is a temp antenna that will be motorized Until I can score a big Kahuna.

Thanks

dms lnb's seem to be the one's that I see most people using. Do a google or check the lnb sec. in this forum. What seems to be the best stb going for now is the ultra hd. Just my thought's. foxtail.

Hello,
Not sure if this is where I should post this but wanted input from users of this area. I'm a newbe here (on a budget of some what and deciding on a AZ box Premium + or a Ultra). Anyway, I was wondering if someone can suggest a good C / KU Lnbf that will work on an old prime star dish with either of these units? (My location is Central North Carolina) The Prime Star dish is a temp antenna that will be motorized Until I can score a big Kahuna.

Thanks

My DMX741 is working pretty good.

miniBUD ?

I was wondering if someone can suggest a good C / KU Lnbf that will work on an old prime star dish ...
The Prime Star dish is a temp antenna that will be motorized Until I can score a big Kahuna.
How small a Primestar dish?
If too small, then not enough C to matter.
Just better off with a good Ku LNBF.

If 4' or so, then ...
Reports aren't good for miniBUDding on Ku with dual-band LNBFs.
The Ku performance is so bad, most users (so far as I've read) stick with separate LNBFs.

See reviews and search for discussions of using the GeoSatPro C2 and DMX242 dual output C-band only LNBF, as opposed to any other solution.
. . . Well, for a budget under several hundred, anyway. - :cool:

Does anyone know where to find instructions to modify a My DMX741 for better ku reception
We need more reports to confirm, but here is such a discussion:
DMX741 C/Ku LNBF Improvement

I believe this mod tries to correct a focus problem that makes finding the proper trade-off between C & Ku very touchy.
However, a more critical thing to verify, is that the LNBF is aimed dead center of the BUD.
If it's not, no mod in the world will help ya out. - :rolleyes:
You can be sloppy with C and get by, but with Ku there's no margin for error.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts