Azbox Ultra

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Can a wireless mini-pci card be installed in this box and can it be set up to use WPA2 encryption?

Can a wireless mini-pci card be installed in this box and can it be set up to use WPA2 encryption?

that's an interesting question. i posted some pictures of the ultra a while back, http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/207175-azbox-ultra-hd-preview.html but don't think I opened it up enough to check the mainboard to see if a connection slot was available. my best guess is that it can't be done but someone will have to fully inspect the mainboard to be sure. given the extra cost of adding the card, I'd think just getting a premium plus would make more sense, if wireless networking was important. I have about 4 A/V components that want an network connection, so I just put added a D-link DAP-1522 D-Link Xtreme N Duo Wireless Bridge/Access Point which works well.

That's what happens when they don't provide a stinking manual with the product. Why sell something without a users manual?? Anyway, there is some kind of card slot under the hard drive mount that looks like a mini-pci slot but without a manual you don't know what the slot was intended for. Also, I thought it was interesting that the hard drive cable integrates the data and power into one connector. I'm not sure if that'll be an issue until I go buy a SATA drive for the box.

That's what happens when they don't provide a stinking manual with the product. Why sell something without a users manual?? Anyway, there is some kind of card slot under the hard drive mount that looks like a mini-pci slot but without a manual you don't know what the slot was intended for. Also, I thought it was interesting that the hard drive cable integrates the data and power into one connector. I'm not sure if that'll be an issue until I go buy a SATA drive for the box.

I agree it would have been nice if they included a manual but most of the information that would be found in a manual is out there. The card slot under the hard drive is a for a smart card. If you look at the pictures I took, you can see its for a smart card and you can see that the integrated power/sata cable works well and should not be an issue any more than separate cables.

yes mr3p and eventhough most of the money is also out there and not in my pocket OpenSat in that case decided not to rely on the money out there and still wanted a lot from my pocket. Double standards eh?, lol. this is the first piece of electronic equipment that I have ever bought that it did not come with a user manual not even a single piece of blank paper.

hey I'm in agreement that it should have included a some kind of a manual but for whatever reason they chose not to spend the extra nickel to include it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts