Which channels do you like to to see added on E*?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Which network do you like to see added on E*?

• TV One

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • American Life TV Network

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • PBS Kids Sprout

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • BET J

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • YES Network

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • The N (as 24/7 channel)

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Noggin (as 24/7 channel)

Votes: 12 13.2%

• Total voters
I voted for Yes, not for me because it has been asked for by so many people. It would make a lot of people happy.
How about Comcast HD Philly so I could get my Flyers games in HD so I don't have to pay for the Center Ice package.

When you watch tv like I do, the differences can be VERY obvious -

NFLHD-EF06-Ambient.jpg
what is that a 70"? sweet

Actually, with some additional research, American Life TV Network wouldn't be a bad add. Any network with The Green Hornet and Lost in Space can't be bad.

YES Network. I live in CT and am a Yankee fan. I still don't understand why DISH can't carry YES using the same type of contract DirecTV has with YES. Can anyone explain?

I have a list of a dozen channels I think would be great for Dish Network to add.

America Channel: This looks like a great sports channel for smaller college sports. I would welcome this with open arms since I have some friends at some of the schools shown on this. Some of the other programming looks good too.

America One Sports & Entertainment: I saw this at the NCTA's website, and it's been relaunched as a general sports and sporting lifestyle channel. SURELY, both of these channels could attract viewership with a different variety in sports. America One has CFL football, FIBA basketball, auto racing and more guys.

AmericanLife TV Network: Surely, it has to be because of a contract dispute that Dish doesn't have this. Everybody I know either really wants it or doesn't know what it is. LOL. My dad would have his nightly schedule SET. And I actually get into a few shows on this channel.

BBC World News: I will admit that I didn't use EuroNews enough even for $1.99 a month, but I have seen BBC News on BBC America and I really enjoy their presentation. I find it rediculous that there are so many news channels available to add, and Dish won't bite on any. BBC World News would be nicer than CNN International in my opinion.

CMT Pure Country: I know a lot of people would probably say that we don't need a 3rd country music station, but hear me out. CMT has become a country version of MTV and VH1 with the movies and reality programming. Great American Country is nice, but it seems they show a lot more older hits. I would settle for this since MTV Hard Rock is no more.

Crime & Investigation Network: Another one going HD too, I am captivated by all of A&E's crime shows. They do it the best IMO, and I would trade this channel for TruTV ANY day of the week. Anybody think A&E would try getting it on the next time contracts are up?

Horror Channel: I appreciate Chiller, but it's actually got a pretty limited and sometimes odd library for someone from my generation. Tales From the Crypt is about it for me. I don't know much about some of the other pending horror channels like Scream or Fangoria TV, but an alternative to Chiller would be AWESOME.

MavTV: Another one going HD, this one looks cool since it's got a wide variety of different and unique stuff. A nice change of pace to Spike TV.

Military History Channel: I REALLY wish Dish would add this already. I am a nut for anything History Channel or History International. I thought History Channel also bought the original Military Channel and merged it, so I would REALLY like to see this channel soon because the library of programming has to be amazing.

Mojo HD: Mojo would be one of my top 5 HD channel requests. I know we shouldn't hold our breaths since it's been uplinked and pulled down at least twice, but it would be a nice addition with it's completely HD lineup.

Soundtrack Channel: This one's going HD too, and I think this would be another great music channel addition. I enjoy Thomas Newman, James Horner, and a lot of the movie music. I really like the Meet Joe Black movie score, and a channel that plays that kind of music would be a welcome addition to some.

Varsity TV: Varsity TV would be another great channel. I got to check it out a little bit. Definitely some cool stuff. I'd recommend going to the website and checking it out if you don't know about it.

HD Channels I want soon:

Comedy Central HD (This channel won’t be HD until Jan 2009 but hopefully Dish will add when it gets going)

Is this "official"? Is Comedy Central really gonna have an HD channel next year?

I haven't been on the forums much lately, so I'm hoping this is common knowledge and I've just been out of the loop!

That's the only channel left that I watch that doesn't have an HD feed, so that would be my vote anyway.

WPCH is channel 17 Peachtree TV - It's for the Braves games in HD - took the place of WTBS

The Outdoor Channel HD & The Outdoor Channel 2 HD would also be great adds in my opinion but only after Speed HD and Spike HD are added though

VH1 Soul
MTV The Hits

plus other music channels would be nice...

However, they will be compressed to hell so even the two channel PCM associated w/ SD will sound awful. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)