which dish for nyc area?

pjwinstalls

Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
ny
I have a dish 1000 that is falling apart and i am going to replace it. Which dish should i replace it with. Should i use the 1000.4? I just have one 622 receiver.

Thanks

Philip

Do you have an international package?

If you don't, you've got two options:

2 Dish 500s: One pointed at 110/119, other pointed at 61.5
or
Dish 1000.4: 77, 72.7, 61.5 - you need a new smart card for this (if you don't already have one)

is the 622 mpeg4? The dish is totally rotting out. House is on the ocean.
If i used a 1000.2, what channels wouldnt i receive?

I have a dish 1000 that is falling apart and i am going to replace it. Which dish should i replace it with. Should i use the 1000.4? I just have one 622 receiver.

Thanks

Philip

It is surprising that you have a Dish 1000 in the NYC area. The long time standard installation calls for a Dish 500 (for the 119 and 110 degree orbital positions) plus a Dish 300 wing dish (aimed at 61.5) for locals starting from about 2002. Most locals migrated to 110 sometime later then most HD for the east went to 61.5.

is the 622 mpeg4? The dish is totally rotting out. House is on the ocean.
If i used a 1000.2, what channels wouldnt i receive?

If you look closely at the model number on the box you will notice it says ViP622. All ViP series receivers are MPEG-4. You should have received a smart card to slip into the slot in the front of the receiver recently. If you did, you are good to go for a Dish 1000.4 for the Eastern Arc set up. This is what you want as all the satellites are very high in the sky for the eastern US plus it gives you everything you would ever need with the exception of the internationals at 118. If you want to see the 118 bird as well then you need a Dish 500 plus and a second dish for 61.5. Forget all about 129 as that is for other parts of the country.

I am not sure but it seems there might be something that could be applied to the Dish(s) to protect it from the salt. Can anyone else chime in on this?

Help an RV'er

I Want Upgrade to HD Locals w/o Contract - Tallahassee, FL Market

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)