Which dish network switch do I need?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

markusian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
I have a dish500 with legacy quad LNB. And dish300 pointing at 61.5 with dual LNB.

I need to connect to 3 receivers. Which switch do I need?
Is there any installation diagrams for this setup?

Thanks for your help,
-Mark

boba said:

Thank you boba. I did check that website. It says that I need a "Standard 2 in 4 out Multi-Switch" which I could not find any where.

Maybe I was searching for the wrong description.

Anybody knows what this thing is, and maybe, where to get it?

I really appreciate your help.

-Mark

My VOOM dish has one line running from it. Is there any way to make use of this one line for VOOM and Dish. Can I split the VOOM line , send one to VOOM and the other to a dish switch???

mattyro said:
My VOOM dish has one line running from it. Is there any way to make use of this one line for VOOM and Dish. Can I split the VOOM line , send one to VOOM and the other to a dish switch???

no
you would need another line from the LNB to the switch

markusian said:
Thank you boba. I did check that website. It says that I need a "Standard 2 in 4 out Multi-Switch" which I could not find any where.

Maybe I was searching for the wrong description.

Anybody knows what this thing is, and maybe, where to get it?

I really appreciate your help.

-Mark

Mark, you need the SW-64 switch for four outputs and three sat. You will also need to change your QUAD LNB to two duals LNBs. A cheaper route would be to get two SW-21 switches. I think you can use them with the QUAD LNB, but you won't be able to see the side sat on one of your receivers. Check the Legacy section on that switchinfo website.

Markusian a standard 2 X 4 or 3 X 4 directv multiswitch on the 61.5 dual LNB will give you connections to connect three receivers to that dish. you will also need three DISH SW-21 switches. 1 output from the multiswitch goes into each SW-21 1 output from the Legacy Quad goes into the other leg of the SW-21 it is called cascading the satellites.

I have one dish (a 10 foot pariot) and one dual lnb and im using two receivers. The dish alternates between 61.5, 110 and 119. It only picks up one satellite at a time. I get odd and even transponders on 110 and 61.5 but I dont get the even ones on 119. What kind of switch do I need for this setup?

kurtis said:
I have one dish (a 10 foot pariot) and one dual lnb and im using two receivers. The dish alternates between 61.5, 110 and 119. It only picks up one satellite at a time. I get odd and even transponders on 110 and 61.5 but I dont get the even ones on 119. What kind of switch do I need for this setup?

What do you want the switch to do? :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts