Which DISH would DN install in my case? pls help!

coolguy1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
Hi guys,

I am new here.. I have signed up for following package:

- Americas Top 60
- Gemini & Teja (South Asian in 118 or 121 only)

So which Dish would DN install for me? Since DN no longer installs Superdish and 500+ or 1000+ dont do 121... and some of the chans I need are only on 121 (Like: Zee, SONY etc..)

Also I occasionally want to try HDTV during games and all, so would I be able to request DN to install a dish that support all these orbits, so I would be able to turn things OFF/ON when I dont plan to watch them? i.e call DN and have them activate HD chans Package for like 1-2months, and then discontinue, later when my parents come from INDIA, Activate South Asian programming for 2-3 months then TURN OFF etc... Pls advise. TIA!!

Last edited:
Can I signup for DISHHD Bronze + Intl Programming (which are only on 121) , so DN installs a DISH that would support 110 & 119(Top60), 121(INTL), 129(HD) right ? So Once they installed this, after like 2months, I can deactivate HD and INTL PRogramming right (They dont come again and take-away HD/INTL LNB right)? and Activate them only the Months when I need them. More like seasonal watching of HD and INTL Programming. I live in NJ, so dont think 129 is visible from EastCoast..?

Last edited:
You would probably get a 1000+, and would give you 110, 118, 119 and 129 with the HD. There would probably be a huge penalty if you downgraded off the HD after two months as there is an 18 month committment if you lease the receiver, if you should buy it, the cost would be a lot higher and does not make sense for only two months worth of HD.

Hmm... But 1000+ don't have 121 where some of Hindi (Intl Lang) chans exist and not on any other orbit...

When I talked to CSR, I was told I can change the service anytime i.e do HD for 2 months, then INTL for 2months etc... But if i want to keep the HD Reciever, I was told it would cost $6/mo If i dont sign up for HD Programming.

True, if you buy the receiver. If you lease, then you must have the HD programing for 18 months or pay high penilties. Check EKB to see if the foreign language channels are on a different sat. If you can only get some channels on 121, you may be looking at a 1000+ and a superdish.

I am not on a CONTRACT basis right, i am paying $49 Activation fee to avoid 18mon contract.

Yah the chans I am looking for are only on 121 and not on new 118.7

So, If i sign up for DishBronze HD for couple months w/ HD Reciever (no charge if you signup HD), and then after 2months, only have Top60 programming and pay $6/mo for using HD reciever w/o HD Package right...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)