Which Dish would I get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is very noticeable here in Texas. I might lose the HD signal for several minutes and usually the SD signal manages to struggle through. Signal loss at HD frequencies is much larger than SD.

I would like to thank everyone for their interest in my question. Yes, I am in eastern El Paso County, Texas.
I had mistakenly believed that the larger S5 dish used the 3 visible LNBs to receive just the satellites at the 99, 101 and 103 positions. It would seem from your posts that one of those LNBs is a combination unit just like is used on the smaller S3 dish and the remaining 2 LNBs are for the 110 and 119 positions.
I have no great concern for duration of SD signals during a storm. Summer thunderstorms tend to be brief here. What may be of consideration would be speculation on the future use of those satellites at 110 and 119 after all SD is terminated. This is all a very interesting field of study.

It is very noticeable here in Texas. I might lose the HD signal for several minutes and usually the SD signal manages to struggle through. Signal loss at HD frequencies is much larger than SD.

Yep ...

As I've pointed out before, if even the DIRECTV uplink sites with monster size 9 -13 meter dishes and high EIRPs still need alternate backup diversity sites for the Ka (and now RB) band to assure reliability against rain fade.

There is little wonder there are going to be Ka (and RB) severe at times reception issues due to RF on the subscriber end.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)