which firm ware to use on your fta receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Beagle

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
i bought a viewsat ultra 2000 at a thrift shop for 5 dollars,it did not have a remote either,but a friend of mine had a spare remote for that receiver so that problem was solved,i knew it had to have hacked software,and sure enough it did,so i went to satellite guys.us to the down load factory firm ware section,the first version was version 1.24,that did not work,so i down loaded a hacked soft ware cleaner to get rid of the pirate soft ware,and another firm ware version,still no luck.i down loaded the last one available which i believe was version 1.46,i could be wrong on that one but any way that one did the trick,all this firm ware was for the same model receiver,i was wondering why so many versions for one receiver, the viewsat ultra vs 2000.
this was probably the easiest receiver to load new software i have ever seen,you simply loaded it on to a flash drive then plug it into the usb port on the front of the receiver.but now i have a factory fresh good working fta receiver. any info would appreciated .thanks in advance.

there were improvements along the way so I wouldn't load the oldest firmware.
some sites in the old days would actually mention what each version fixed,i.e. improved blindscan etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)