which FTA receiver to choose?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mysteriousmind

Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
Quebec city
Hello, Im quite new to all this FTA and I have trough quite a little reading, but I would like to have you opinion upon which FTA receiver to choose...There are many company, many models,

I'll be using it in Quebec city,

I'm looking for a model who would stand some HD (If possible), a USB port, and finally that would stand also as PVR.

Thanks for your time and answer...

I'm mainly thinking either to go with Coolsat or with Viewsat.

any suggestion??thanks

coolsat 5000 or 6000 (5000 has been discontinued but for fta has the same features as the 6000) are excellent choices. I really like my fortec mercury II its a great ird as well.

Before I purchased an FTA system last year, I did a lot of research and found that the Fortec Mercury II, as Updatlee stated, is an excellent receiver. However, it will not process HD feeds or 4:2:2 feeds and is not a PVR.

hey mysterious, Take some time, read the reviews in the review section.

It's hard to find boxes that do all you want, espeically the HD part and are built with quality. Everyone here has a favorite one or two, so you'll get lots of suggestions.

The Fortec Passion promises many of these features, but the jury is still out on whether or not it will deliver. Firmware is still in the testing phase, and the unit has not yet made its North American debut...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts