Which HD channel would you like VOOM to add next?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Here are my preference in descending order:

1 - InHD & InHD2
2 - ESPN-HD
3 - HBO-HD
4 - Playboy-HD is January...
5 - Bravo-HD+
6 - Cinemax-HD
7 - NBA-TV
6 - Spice-HD does not look like is going to make it.

1 & 2 will bring all the HD sports to VOOM (except for HDnet Hockey). InHD has most or all the NBA-TV HD games.

All are good but do you know why HDNet's two channels are never included in the future of VOOM's offerings?

After last night's CC I'm trying to find all compelling reasons to add VOOM and looking for people to rebutt any logic I can muster to not get it.

So far VOOM is gaining fast here but I'm still a ways off.

$750 investment and about $100 per month the way I see it to replace either E* or D* in my 2 provider desire.

Don Landis said:
All are good but do you know why HDNet's two channels are never included in the future of VOOM's offerings?

After last night's CC I'm trying to find all compelling reasons to add VOOM and looking for people to rebutt any logic I can muster to not get it.

So far VOOM is gaining fast here but I'm still a ways off.

$750 investment and about $100 per month the way I see it to replace either E* or D* in my 2 provider desire.

Don,

the list of HD channels that we think VOOM is going to add, I found by looking through the source code of their page. They have since taken that down. HDnet & HDnet Movies was not included in the source code of the page. VOOM has not come out and said that they will not add HDnet & HDnet Movies or that they will add them. These two channels were also excluded from the Sears brochure. Is there a possibility that HDnet and HDnet Movies be added? I do not know. I read a few posts that said no others that said yes.

From the Press Conference, I remember that some of the executives were saying that they were going aggresively after HD channels but it will take sometime because of negotiations/contracts/agreements. Yes, we have heard this before. I was given the impression by some of the people that I spoke to that they will go after anything that was transmitting HD. Again, I will not put so much faith in those statements.

We can only hope that VOOM continues the trend that they have started.

Tim-

You don't realize how serious I am looking at this now, after CC. I'm trying to figure out how to deal with my desire to record HD as well. If only 169Time offered a FW for the Voom Box I would be on it tomorrow!

No, I can't and I'd bet no one else can either right now but I do know some are working on a non HDCP way to record and playback via computer hard drives. No success yet. Thing is, that's why the HDCP and then we venture into legal DMCA violations so when the technology is ready, the laws would still need changing. Bottom line- stick with DVHS and MPEG2 via 1394. It's legal, and available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)