Which HD channel would you prefer to be added?

Which HD channel would you add next?

• BBC HD

Votes: 147 37.4%
  • History International HD

Votes: 42 10.7%
  • Military Channel HD

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Another sports HD channel

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Something else (please specify)

Votes: 101 25.7%

• Total voters
AT&T Uverse just added History International in HD today. However, sitting here looking at it, it is stretched SD like its sister channels HistHD, A&EHD, BioHD, and C&IHD. Also, just FYI AT&T finally added BioHD and C&I HD.

History International in HD will make some happy, it doesn't matter if its stretched to me, anything looks better than Dish standard definition at this point.

I'd just like DISH to add all their existing HD channels to their TurboHD packages (like they originally claimed would be the case). Until they start doing that, I could care less what new HD channels get added.

BBC America.
PBS HD.
Smithsonian HD.

I've lost all interest in sports, short of baseball, so ESPNU wouldn't appeal at all.

I don't want any sports channels. I'm with whoever said they should add all newly added and new HD channels to the legacy HD only packages. They need to stop getting rid of channels when they add new ones. I never watched Smithsonian but they should bring it back. I like the movie channels, MGM and HDNet Movies, so adding the Rainbow channels would be nice, AMC and double especially IFC because I like movies. BBC HD should have been added because it is awesome. I do not know what else is out there, but in my opinion I feel like Dish is getting close to falling behind. I am not sure if it is me or if it is Dish but they don't seem to have the programming surprizes anymore like I remember they used to except to take programming away. Just maybe I am becoming negative. Perhaps it is my economy. Guess I am thinking of them being perfect and they are never going to be even in the hardware department. They need to bring back HD only packages.

I'm selfishly waiting for my RSN to be placed on in HD, but from a more national perspective I think that IFC and TCM in HD would be great!

I suspect that we aren't getting as many "programming surprises" as we used to because DISH has pretty much topped out. They are never going to offer everything and are now probably just about at their expansion limit.

I'm selfishly waiting for my RSN to be placed on in HD, but from a more national perspective I think that IFC and TCM in HD would be great!

I suspect that we aren't getting as many "programming surprises" as we used to because DISH has pretty much topped out. They are never going to offer everything and are now probably just about at their expansion limit.

I had IFC hd on fios, did not see one thing in ture hd, mainly looked like an sd channel that is not stretched with black bars on both the side and top. If you look at logo on dish it is similar to that, things that were shot in hd or in widescreen do not fill the screen.

I keep seeing how sports channels like ESPN are more expensive than other channels. At the same time I know I'm not the only one who has little or no interest in sports and never watches those channels. All that leads me to the idea that it would be great if Dish would bundle the sports stuff into a separate package. Than the sports fans could chose to pay for those channels and the rest of us could chose to buy more movie channels or what ever we most like.

For several years I subscribed to Bell ExpressVU from Canada and they had their packages organized into "themes" like kids, music, more music, entertainment, sports, news, etc. When you subscribed you would get a basic package of common channels plus some number of themes and you selected the themes that most interested you. It seemed like a decent system to me and I wish the US satellite systems would do something similar.

Prior to that I had a C-Band system and that offered A la Carte programing. I really miss that.

Well, we sure didn't see them this week. 2/1 kinda makes sense.

I can't recall if I answered with a post in this topic, but I want ESPNU HD. In fact, I have it now since I went back to Comcast. I also have my RSN in HD full time. Honestly, I expect ESPNU HD on Dish by the summer, but there is no guarantee and the summer is a dead period for college sports as far as I'm concerned. As for the full time RSN, I don't know if Dish even plans to carry them any time soon. That is especially true for an RSN that they only put up as an alternate even in SD like FS Tennessee.

I enjoyed my time with Dish, but they just didn't have a robust On Demand service or a few key channels I realized I really, really wanted. The quality is actually better than Dish with Comcast on some stations and worse on others. I'd say it is about even overall. The 2:1 QAM muxes look great. That's mostly the ESPNs, other sports, NFL, TBS, TNT, etc. The 3:1 doesn't look any worse than the 3-5 mbit/s stuff that Dish has for many channels except the MPEG2 compression tends to show pixellation rather than the blurriness, or god forbid both, that MPEG4 prefers when it becomes bit starved. I can live with that since it appears sharper on my tvs. The RSNs were particularly bad on Dish. I won't badmouth Dish though. They will improve that as they get more bandwidth. I tried it and it didn't work out. That doesn't mean they won't be my provider again in a couple of years. Hopefully by that time they have MLB Network, which I'm watching right now, by then...

P.S. Firewire recording is great too.

I can't recall if I answered with a post in this topic, but I want ESPNU HD. In fact, I have it now since I went back to Comcast. I also have my RSN in HD full time. Honestly, I expect ESPNU HD on Dish by the summer, but there is no guarantee and the summer is a dead period for college sports as far as I'm concerned. As for the full time RSN, I don't know if Dish even plans to carry them any time soon. That is especially true for an RSN that they only put up as an alternate even in SD like FS Tennessee.

I enjoyed my time with Dish, but they just didn't have a robust On Demand service or a few key channels I realized I really, really wanted. The quality is actually better than Dish with Comcast on some stations and worse on others. I'd say it is about even overall. The 2:1 QAM muxes look great. That's mostly the ESPNs, other sports, NFL, TBS, TNT, etc. The 3:1 doesn't look any worse than the 3-5 mbit/s stuff that Dish has for many channels except the MPEG2 compression tends to show pixellation rather than the blurriness, or god forbid both, that MPEG4 prefers when it becomes bit starved. I can live with that since it appears sharper on my tvs. The RSNs were particularly bad on Dish. I won't badmouth Dish though. They will improve that as they get more bandwidth. I tried it and it didn't work out. That doesn't mean they won't be my provider again in a couple of years. Hopefully by that time they have MLB Network, which I'm watching right now, by then...

P.S. Firewire recording is great too.

Actually, after all of what I typed, I still have Dish with Dish America Silver on top of Comcast. I figured it wouldn't cost much more to just keep the thing than to cancel at this point in my contract. I still love HDNet and NHL Network HD.

I voted other -- how about instead adding more HD channels that E* actually start using enough bandwidth for the HD channels they already have so they look like real HD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts