Which HD Cinema Movies have you seen?Would you like to post your review of the movie?

Paul Bowles: The Complete Outsider - 2 stars : Nothing too exciting, but kinda interesting. A doc about a writer/songwriter dude who hung out with William S. Burroughs and the boys.

Gregory's Two Girls - 2.5 stars: Good stuff. Some gorgeous Scottish lassies, interesting characters, and one unbelievably uncomfortable Freudian slip that was very very funny. The movie just plain looked good too -- good colors and compositions.

The Quest - 3.0 stars: good, not great. A young Kurt Russell and Tim Matheson star as brothers who are reunited 10 years after being taken as children by Indians; Russell was raised by Shianne and Matheson by Cowboys. Also taken was a sister whose whereabouts are unknown. Together they search for their missing sister who they believe is residing with an Indian tribe. I remember watching this series back in the mid-70s, but it was short lived since the public lost interest in Westerns. This is a good Gunslinger movie.

Mckenna's gold 3.0 stars. A good western movie with fine acting and a good story. Funny at times and very entertaining. Not displayed in its OAR but nonetheless the PQ was very good.

Loophole - 2.0 stars: Martin Sheen helps a gang of unconvincing thieves rob a London bank via the sewer system. The movie didn't stink quite as bad as the sewers, but it didn't smell all that great either. Watch this flick if you've already washed the dog, clipped your toenails and generally have nothing better better to do with your life. 2 stars for Martin Sheen because I will always associate him with Apocalypse Now.

Amelie - 5 stars : The only thing better than watching this movie is watching this movie again. It's all about the characters and all their wonderful flaws. And it's all done just right. Good pq, and excellent surround sound.

The Hidden Fortress 3.5 stars good adventure movie. It is B&W but don't let this discard the movie. I could not see the connection of Star Wars but only the way that it cuts the frame. The story about the princess, I guess it's similar to the princess on Star Wars. Anyway, I found the story to be very good and very entertaining.

King David - 3.0 stars: Richard Gere does a good job portraying David and the movie closely follows the Old Testiment - no surprises here. The two problems I had with this film is the story is so much larger than the 2 hours of screen time devoted to it - and why is VOOM showing this on GuyTV? :confused: The film was OAR, 2.35:1, and PQ was pretty good.

King Solomon's Mines - 2.0 stars: Richard Chamberlain and Sharon Stone create a less-than-stellar morph of Indiana Jones and Romancing the Stone. The soundtrack, costumes and plot were all a cheap imitation of the originals. The stunts and special effects were borderline terrible - cast performances were fair-to-poor and all characters were unbelievable. I gave this move 2 stars because it was so bad it was quite funny...I couldn't stop laughing. This movie was also a poor remake of a '50s Classic by the same, except Sharon Stone's character is searching for her father vice husband and, of course, this one stunk. This movie was OAR, 2.35:1, and PQ was pretty good.

Sample Dialog (pretty much like this the entire movie) where a German Soldier is torturing the Father while Sharon Stone is forced to watch:

Soldier: You're very attractive.
Stone: You Swine!
Soldier: Who said I was talking to you!

riffjim4069 Soldier: You're very attractive. Stone: You Swine! Soldier: Who said I was talking to you![/QUOTE said:
OT, but this reminds me of something my brother did once. I grew up in Long Beach, CA, home of THE California Surfer Girls and a gorgeous blonde babe in a bikini (a knockout to say the least) was walking her dog down the sidewalk and my brother whistled, she turned around, smiled and he says "Not you, your dog". :D

The Big One - 4 stars: Good stuff. Say what ya want about Michael Moore and his politics, but the guy sure can make an amusing, thought-provoking documentary when he wants to. Basically, this one documents a book-signing tour he goes on to promote his book "Downsize This!". Along the way he pokes fun at corporate America and all the hypocrisy & greed it displays. Laugh-out-loud funny.

Iron Monkey - 3.5 stars: I agree with Sean -- this one's a winner. A pretty interesting story wrapped around some really cool fight scenes.

O Amor Natural - 1 star: Old people read erotic poems from a book by Carlos Drummond de Andrade. Maybe something gets lost in the translations, but they don't strike me as particularly erotic or poetic. And I didn't find that the people reading them seemed to add much to the poems either. Had pretty much lost all interest after an hour or so, when they were reading the same poems again.

Larger Than Life - 2.5 stars: Not bad, but I expect a bit more from a Bill Murray comedy. A bit disappointing considering it had a pretty strong cast, including Janeane Garofalo and a couple other familiar faces. But it was pretty clean humor, might appeal to youngsters.

Beowulf - 2 stars: Didn't quite hit the spot, but came close. Rhona Mitra's hot. And that blonde chick was really hot. And medieval weapons are cool. And the soundtrack kinda rocked. And yet. Go figure.

Cactus Flower - 2.5 stars: Young Goldie Hawn is delicious. The movie itself is somewhat entertaining, but so very obvious. It's almost impossible not to predict exactly what's gonna happen along the way. Sound was pretty good -- especially liked their take on "I'm A Believer".

The Night We Never Met - 3 stars: I like this one. I've seen it before, but not in HD. Great cast -- Annabella Sciorra, Matthew Broderick, Justine Bateman, Jeane Tripplehorn -- not to mention lots of familiar faces in smaller roles (Gary Shandling, Doris Roberts, Greg Germann). Pretty good mistaken-identity type story -- more dramatic/romantic than comedic IMO, but amusing at times, and mostly entertaining.

Iron Monkey is awesome. Unlike the programming guide, it's not the 1977 old style kungfu movie, its' the donnie yen, kickass movie.

Delicatessen- Great movie. Same director as Amelie

Howling 3- Horrible

NNAB 2008: NBCU Tackles Digital Downconversion

Is Eureka coming back?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)