Which HD Cinema Movies have you seen?Would you like to post your review of the movie?

Roger Dodger - 3.5 stars: Odd little movie that I found surprisingly interesting and watchable. Nothing unusual about the story itself -- the older more experienced guy showing the kid about picking up chicks and impressing the ladies and getting laid and such. A little twist on this familiar theme is their relationship to each other -- uncle and nephew who hardly seem to have a relationship at all, and are very different from each other. The uncle seems to be on a bit of a downward spiral, as the nephew makes decisions that likely reflect and influence the man he will become. Very good final scene.

Perfect - 1.5 stars: A bit of a train wreck of an 80's movie. It's not terrible, but it's just so damn cheesy I find myself almost embarrassed to be watching it. PQ and sound were surprisingly good, but the soundtrack was a distractingly awful collection of crappy 80's garbage. I'm betting that John Travolta and Jamie Lee Curtis would prefer to just forget they ever made this dog.

Perfect - 1.5 stars: Turd...Perfect Turd! Wife actually watched this in bits and pieces while creating a To-Do-List and sorting out her finances. Me? I walked away several times because of pungent odor, but each time I returned the movie managed to stink more than when I left. I rate this an extra 1/2 star because of the 80s theme. Don't waste your time on this one!

TheTimm said:
Strait Jacket - 3 stars: I think this movie cheated a little -- even after the awkward explanation at the end of how everything really happened, some things just didn't really seem right. But it was fun to watch anyway. For such an old movie it had pretty good sound and pq, not to mention a relatively high creep factor.

Just caught this last night. Loved it!

Long Life, Happiness, and Prosperity - 3 stars: Good movie...we enjoyed it. Unfortunately, it is no longer scheduled to air on any of the Cinema10 channels. Anyway, I'll ditto Timm's comments.

TheTimm said:
Long Life, Happiness, and Prosperity - 3 stars: An unusual movie with some very interesting characters. A really cool little girl (well, they try to make her out as something of a nerd, but she comes across as ultra cool in my book), tries to get her mom remarrried through magic spells and Chinese charms, but they go all wrong with some funny and entertaining results. A decent story, but it's really all about getting to know the characters and how they choose to live their lives.

Nadine - 3 stars: Oh, how I love me some Kim Basinger! So pretty. So, so sexy -- even in a PG movie her sexiness jumps off the screen. While the movie itself isn't great, it is pretty good. Looks pretty good, sounds pretty good. Of course, I'd be entertained just watching Kim Basinger sitting in a chair looking at the camera for two hours so I may not be the best judge of this particular movie. Man, I wish Voom would've had 9 1/2 Weeks in high def. That has Kim. Yumm. Or 8 Mile. That has Kim and makes her feel close by, being that the title road is less than a mile from me. What was I talking about? Oh, yeah -- Nadine. It's good -- amusing, suspenseful, blah, blah, blah. It's all about Kim, man, it's all about Kim. Or as I like to think of her: TheKimm. :D

Fiddler On The Roof - 2 stars: I want to like this movie, and I get the feeling I'm supposed to like this movie. But somehow I don't really like this movie. Not sure why. It's not awful. It just can't seem to hold my attention. The songs are only so-so. The lead actor kind of annoys me. I can't really relate to any of the characters. Just not my cup of tea I guess.

The Rainbow - 2.5 stars: Made the mistake of coming to SatGuys to read about the Voom-to-Dish programming news while watching this movie, so I'm not real clear on what happened in the second half. But the first half sure was fun. Lots of Victorian-era naked lesbian sex with some conventional Victorian-era man-woman sex thrown in -- all of which involved the same pretty young blonde. DH Lawrence sure liked the sexual awakenings, eh? While I did enjoy it, the fact that it couldn't hold my interest speaks volumes about it. But it sure had its erotic moments early on.

Bitter Harvest - 1.5 stars: Pretty crappy movie, but if you're into bad stories with lots of sex scenes and oodles of nudity this just may be to your liking. I'd suggest, at most, keeping it on in the background while doing something worthwhile and just glancing up every so often to see the pretty ladies naked.

Wicker Man.........

It was an ok movie. It gave the viewer an in-depth look at the way of life of pagans. Although, I think it's a perverted lifestyle because I'm a Christian and will always be one.

Alias Betty - 2 stars: Weird, with characters who are all a little bit (or in some cases a lotta bit) crazy. Many odd peripheral characters and subtitles make it kinda hard to follow exactly what's going on at times, but the main idea is pretty clear and sort of draws you in till you find yourself really wanting to know how it's gonna end. PQ and sound were both rather disappointing.

We have a tradition here that I hope it will continue. If you see a movie on GuyTv/Majestic, please give us a review here. Thanks.

Fat Man and Litte Boy 3.5 stars. Excellent movie about the building of the first two atomic bombs dropped on Japan. Scientist and Military decisions collide. Interested topics in this movie are revealed and makes you think a whole lot about humanity in general. Paul Newman was great and it is a long movie but worthy.

Trading Mom - 3 stars: Okay, perhaps I'm over-starring this one a little bit but it's just so appropriate for Mother's Day! It's awfully cutesy and completely predictable, but ya get some cute-as-can-be kids and some standout performances by Sissy Spacek, who plays four different roles. And it also doesn't hurt its rating that it happened to be the first film I've watched since getting re-voOmed -- I think I would've even found Ernest Goes to Camp to be enthralling. BTW, voOm still looks and sounds good on Dish!

Timm,

I see you have it once more...

A Passage to India 2.0 stars The Panaroma view of this movies were more interested than the story. The story is weak and it has no star and no end. It is like they put together the story in 4 minutes with a few ideas on the table and the movie lacked any punch line. Three hours movie and I sat there to see what was going to happen only to be dissapointed at how bad it was.

C.H.U.D II 1.0 star I am crazy about horror movies but this one is trashed.

Bang the Drum Slowly 1.0 stars. Started watching this movie because a young Deniro was in it. I was quite dissappointed at half time. Acting was horrible and the story was not great. I had to stopped.

TheTimm said:
Bubba Ho-Tep - 4 stars : Clever, clever, clever. Very well-written with much attention to detail. The whole thing is amusing, while at the same time addressing serious issues such as aging, and treatment of & attitudes toward the elderly. A true original. Great PQ and sound.
Just Watched... 4 Stars for sure... Excellent movie...:D I put it on dvd-rw on a lower bit rate, Am going to re-do at higher bitrate and keep...

Clue - 2 stars: A somewhat amusing comedy whodunnit based on the board game. Kinda cool to see these familiar characters come to life, even if that means watching a movie that has Martin Mull in it. Tim Curry was wild -- sometimes even funny. For me the real star was the maid's outfit -- very nice. PQ and sound were just okay. Overall not too bad, with some funny moments mixed in with the many weak unfunny failed attempts at humor. And I got a kick out of its having three diffferent endings.

butterflies are free 3.5 stars. Goldie Hawn in her beautiful young days in underwear is a good sight to see :D. Anyway the movie is slow at the start and it makes you want to change the channel but it picks up after the mother's arrival and it turned out to be a good movie with a good message.

Trading Mom 3.5 stars I thought this was a great family movie. My kids loved it and it has those moments that are predictable but the kids did not think so. Great movie.

Teachers - 3.5 stars: Not a perfect movie, but it's filled with memorable moments and characters. I find it entertaining from its somewhat cheesy beginning to its excellently unforgettable JoBeth Williams-walking-down-the-hall-naked ending. Nick Nolte is in one of his best roles, but when he first appears -- hungover and dishevelled -- it's hard not to fast forward mentally several years to his famous mug shot photo. Judd Hirsch and Richard Mulligan excel in supporting roles. This movie looks good, sounds good, has a lot to say about the state of public schools (still rings true today), and even has the Karate Kid in it.

Body Parts 3.5 stars I recorded the late am morning aired which happened to aired OAR. This is the version I wanted to see and refrained from watching the non-OAR for months. It was a very good movie. The details on the body parts were excellent.

NNAB 2008: NBCU Tackles Digital Downconversion

Is Eureka coming back?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)