Which HD Cinema Movies have you seen?Would you like to post your review of the movie?

Article 99 - 3.5 stars : Watch this movie. You'll like it. Really good cast with lots of familiar names and faces. Very good PQ and sound. And a good story involving hypocrisy at a veteran's hospital. Only thing I didn't care for were the parts where it tried to be funny - just didn't work; this is not a comedy and is quite good when it doesn't try to be.

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly 5 stars- Clint Eastwood stars as the man with no name in this classic flic, about a bandit and Eastwood's who initially swindle towns with a scheme to turn in the bandit collect the reward, and then Eastwood frees him. Down the line they learn of a grave that is holding $200,000 (probably 2 billion in todays terms).. Look if you haven't seen this movie you were probably just born, suck on some milk, grow up a little, and then watch it, this is a must see spaghetti western classic.

Dvlos said:
Look if you haven't seen this movie you were probably just born, suck on some milk, grow up a little, and then watch it, this is a must see spaghetti western classic.

Funny! :D -- and thanks for reminding me...

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - 4 stars : A little funky on the PQ, but loved the sound - just one of the best soundtracks ever! Clint and the movie pretty well speak for themselves -- both are top-shelf.

For Better Or Worse - 1.5 star : Not good. Not funny. Not much of anything notable at all, really. But it did have pretty decent PQ and I enjoyed the acapella background music.

For Better or for Worse 2.5 I thought it had its funny moments and it was a movie were logic was not defined. If you expect greatness, don't but it is still entertaining. Great PQ.

Arizona Dreams - 3 stars : I found this to be less of a traditional "movie" and more of a freestyle jam session for the actors. Seemed to me there was a more of an emphasis on improv and riffing than storytelling - which isn't necessarily a bad thing considering the actors involved. Johnny Depp is your basic film god. And I love Lili Taylor - very underrated. Together on screen, it was tough to decide which to watch! Faye Dunaway was also impressive - and pretty hot for an old chick. Jerry Lewis & Vincent Gallo? Didn't impress me. Good PQ (the russian roulette scene stands out). Sound ok.

The Owl And The Pussycat - 3 stars : First time I've been able to tolerate Barbra Streisand in anything. She actually looked pretty damn good - of course, I had to go back to before I was born to find her young enough that she still looked good! Kinda sexy though. Movie itself was rather amusing with good PQ, and good - though not very surroundy - sound.

Pinata: Survival Island - 2.5 stars. The action is very predictable and the special effects are not the best. The bloody scenes of killing maybe disturbing to some people. Excellent HD transfer.

Sean Mota said:
The Voyage of the damn: Not the greatest PQ you will find but it was ok. The story is kind of slow but it is a good one. It's based on a true story and it was played on Epics. So I guess it is an Epic (sort of).
Should be seen--considered a 4 star movie and is on Moritoriun (sic)

Arizona Dreams 5-stars: The scene where Vincent Gallo re-enacts the airplane/Cary Grant chase from "North By Northwest" was brilliant and hilarious. Haven't seen anything like it.

House of Games - 2 stars : Didn't do much for me. The PQ was good, as was the sound. I just didn't find the story as clever as I suspect it was supposed to be. Had trouble holding my interest.

shatterbrain (The Resurrected) 2.5 stars. Good movie with some very crippy scenes. Very dark and HD transfer was poor to good. I would loved to see more of the catacombs. That was very very crippy.

Radio Days - 2.5 stars : Not bad at all, just didn't really grab me. Really just a bunch of stories from a kid's childhood, somewhat tied together by radio. Some are pretty good, some pretty stupid.

Radio Days - 3.5 stars: I generally don't like Woody Allen films, but I really liked this one. A series of vignettes which relates the everyday experiences of a family and the stars of radio's Golden Age. Set to radio music of that period. Very well done. If you loved "A Christmas Story", then you should like this movie.

Benny & Joon - 4 stars : Outstanding performances by Johnny Depp, Aidan Quinn, and Mary Stuart Masterson - with some solid support from Julianne Moore. Heartwarming and funny story with very good PQ and pretty good sound. Don't miss this one.

Butterflies Are Free- 3.5 stars : The Department of Surround Sound didn't really show up for this flick, but The Dept. of Clever Dialogue was working overtime after Eileen Heckart entered the picture. That old broad was really fun to watch. And Goldie Hawn was just adorable as a youngster - although her voice could break glass. Enjoyed this more the longer I watched.

Night Angel - 2.5 stars : At first glance you may be tempted to dismiss this as another crappy low-budget horror flick. Don't. This movie manages to overcome the nonsensical story and laughably bad acting with some creative bloodletting and generous helpings of nudity - frequently allowing the two to intermingle. A few hella-cool scenes, a few hot chicks, very good PQ, good sound, and some creative movie-making make this worthwhile.

Blood Run - 2 stars : The first five minutes were pretty cool - some slo-mo underwater bikini shots, some nudity, some blood, a little girl-on-girl action. After that, it's pretty much just another murder-mystery-by-numbers type movie, albeit one with a couple surprises and some good sex scenes.

Berkeley In The Sixties - 3 stars : Hmm. Tough one to rate. Certainly a very good movie - excellent for a documentary. But not very high-definitiony, if at all. The movie itself would probably merit at least a four, if not a five -- this is a really good documentary. The sound and picture quality, however, would rate a one at best. So I'll wuss out and go with a three. If you're lookin' for a gripping doc - this is the film for you. If you're looking for demo-quality HD - look elsewhere.

Hoosiers - 5 stars : Excellent movie. Feel-good masterpiece with underdogs galore and stories of second chances and redemption. Hackman, Hershey, and Hopper at the top of their games. Perhaps not the best HD transfer ever, but a definite step up from the DVD. With a real surround sound mix, too. You don't even need to be a basketball fan to love this movie!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)