Which HD Cinema Movies have you seen?Would you like to post your review of the movie?

Taxi Driver - 5 stars: Quite simply one of the best movies ever made. Robert DeNiro is an acting god, and makes you feel the loneliness, the frustration, the anger, the confusion -- the rage of futility and alienation that drives his Travis Bickle over the edge. Harvey Keitel and a very young Jodie Foster also give outstanding performances, as well as a fine turn by Cybill Shepherd. This movie looks great. This movie sounds great -- few movies feature music that add as much to the mood as this one does. Genius.

Midnight Express - 1 star: I must've missed something. As far as I could tell, some idiot got caught trying to smuggle two kilos of hash out of Turkey and was subsequently found guilty (correctly) and sent to a Turkish prison. And what? I'm supposed to feel sorry for him because Turkish prisons aren't nice? Because Americans think the sentence was too harsh? Maybe next time he should smuggle from a "nicer" country that has cable TV and better heating in their prisons. Even if everything really did happen the way it was portrayed in the film (and it didn't), I'm afraid I'm still not outraged. If he had been innocent of the charges, perhaps I could've mustered up some sympathy, but he did indeed try to smuggle drugs out of Turkey. Got caught. Had a trial. Was convicted. Was sentenced to prison. Poor baby. Here's an idea -- don't try to smuggle drugs out of Turkey, you moron. And I wasn't very impressed with the acting, and found the filmmakers' attempts to manipulate my emotions over such a non-issue to be somewhat insulting. The one star is only because I did manage to sit through the whole thing and it did stir up some anger. It's just that the anger was directed at the filmmakers -- and the American self-righteousness that they were representing -- not the Turkish authorities.

Last edited:
Blue Thunder - 1 star: Malcolm McDowell as an incredibly annoying British twat - 5 stars. If I had to watch McDowell's character click his tongue and say "Catch ya later" one more time, I would've thrown the remote through my multi-thousand-dollar HDTV. So I turned the channel maybe a half-hour into this thing. McDowell played the irritating guy just a little too well for this movie's own good. Besides, when the whole basis of a film seems to be the high-tech helicopter -- well, it's just not gonna look so high-tech twenty five years after it's made. My local news stations have cooler looking helicopters.

Friday the 13th Part 2 - 2.5 stars: With this being a sequel, I found it impossible not to compare it to the original -- and I didn't like it nearly as much. It did make some nice attempts at being creative -- at least it wasn't totally a paint-by-number slasher flick, but it just had too many slow parts and too much bad acting to really wow me.

Now .... about this---
DarrellP said:
Friday the 13th Part II is even better, check out Terrie's behind. Yumm!!!
I don't agree at all with the first half of that sentence -- but I ain't gonna dispute the "Yumm!!!" !!!:D

Passion Fish - 2.5 stars: Somehow I found myself actually enjoying this snoozer. It was slow. It was predictable. And yet after about an hour, I realized I was going to keep right on watching. I guess I just liked the actresses -- Mary McDonnell and Alfre Woodard. That being said, I doubt that I'll ever re-watch a single minute of it. Really is kinda dull.

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter - 1.5 stars: Now this is how I expect a "Friday the 13th" movie to be.... not very good. While it was kinda cool to see Corey Feldman as a kid, and Crispin Glover is always pretty cool -- the rest of the movie was just contrived slasher-movie trash.

Let's Get Harry 1.0 stars I was surprised to see a couple of good actors on this awful story. A macho type movie with a predictable story behind it.

It's Alive 1.0 stars. A woman gives birth to an abnormal child (or a monster). The story is bad and the monster is not shown a whole lot. The special effects are awful and the cast is awful as well.

TheTimm said:
Midnight Express - 1 star: I must've missed something. As far as I could tell, some idiot got caught trying to smuggle two kilos of hash out of Turkey and was subsequently found guilty (correctly) and sent to a Turkish prison. And what? I'm supposed to feel sorry for him because Turkish prisons aren't nice? Because Americans think the sentence was too harsh? Maybe next time he should smuggle from a "nicer" country that has cable TV and better heating in their prisons. Even if everything really did happen the way it was portrayed in the film (and it didn't), I'm afraid I'm still not outraged. If he had been innocent of the charges, perhaps I could've mustered up some sympathy, but he did indeed try to smuggle drugs out of Turkey. Got caught. Had a trial. Was convicted. Was sentenced to prison. Poor baby. Here's an idea -- don't try to smuggle drugs out of Turkey, you moron. And I wasn't very impressed with the acting, and found the filmmakers' attempts to manipulate my emotions over such a non-issue to be somewhat insulting. The one star is only because I did manage to sit through the whole thing and it did stir up some anger. It's just that the anger was directed at the filmmakers -- and the American self-righteousness that they were representing -- not the Turkish authorities.

What a difference of opinions. Most people I know thought this movie even back when it was not in HD, was one of the most intense movies they have ever seen. I think the heart-beat at the begining is awesome and really sets the tone of the movie.

kfried001 said:
What a difference of opinions. Most people I know thought this movie even back when it was not in HD, was one of the most intense movies they have ever seen. I think the heart-beat at the begining is awesome and really sets the tone of the movie.
Yeah, it seems most people do disagree with me on this one -- like I said, I must have missed something. But the part you mentioned is actually my favorite part of the film -- that heartbeat was very effective. And then I guess the whole thing lost its impact or intensity with me due to my not feeling sorry for the moronic main character. I just thought the whole thing was too...much -- overacted, overdone, too heavy-handed a treatment for an unworthy cause. But, what the heck do I know? I liked Passion Fish.:eek:

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth 3.0 stars. I like the Hellraiser series. It gives me the chill watching those chains piercing human flesh. Pinhead makes a comeback on this one. Remember that he was kind of killed but not for long. I liked the new characters demons although they did not as long as the others in the previous two movies. Most people who are not into the Hellraiser series will not like it. It was a let down from the previous 2.

The Night We Never Met 0.5 stars. Awful movie with no plot and nothing on this one to like. Another one that should have never been made.

Sonatine - 2.5 stars: I can't figure out what the hell I just watched or if I liked it or not...and my indifference toward this film leads me to believe it doesn't rate a second viewing! In a nutshell, several gangsters are sent from Tokyo down to Okinawa (part of the Ryukyu Islands 700 miles south of mainland Japan) to help end a gang war. There are great lulls of inactivity in this film followed by spurts of indifferent violence. How that's possible is beyond me, but maybe that's part of the movie I'm not understanding. Perhaps being a yakuza (gangster) is just a lot of boredom with spells of passionless killing. Anyway, the ending will blow your mind. I'm not sure I hate this film, but I'm pretty sure I don't like it. Even so, it sure is great to have WorldCinema once again; they offer a genre of HD films you just don't see on any of the premium movie channels. Sonatine is Japanese film with English subtitles.

Sean Mota said:
I miss worldcinema...
Hopefully you're getting a 622 in the near future...WorldCinema and WorldSport alone are worth it. I'm surprise how much I like visiting the GamePlay channel...I think they found their niche (no other channel like it in HD). Just need GuyTV and one or two other Cinema10 channels to reappear.

Hellraiser: Bloodline 2.5 stars a little bit of a let down but it ties together 3, 2, 1 in regards to the origin of the "box". I still do not understand how pinhead made it to early century france from the beginning since he was made much later according to Hellraiser 2. Unless I am mixing up the events this was a flaw in the story. I still like the series.

The Muppets Take Manhattan - 4 stars: Ok, I am no fan of the muppets but my wife and daughter love Kermit, Miss Piggy and the entire cast...even Beaker. Anyway, I must admit it was fun watching our daughter and dance, laugh and sing right along. I good time was had by all in this Family Room classic.

Last edited:
Little Nikita - 2.5 stars: Middle of the road thriller, but to be honest I was disappointed since this movie has a solid cast (Sidney Poitier, River Phoenix, and notorious bad guy Richard Lynch). In a nutshell, a Russian bad guy named Scuba (Lynch) is trying to extort money from the Soviets and, in the process, is killing their spies one by one. Poitier is an FBI agent whose partner was killed by Scuba 19 years earlier. Phoenix plays the average teen who gets involved because his parents are uncovered as being Soviet "sleeper cell" agents. Of course, the Soviet's also send in their rogue spy killer which further muddles the story. Not a bad movie, but very disappointing. On the positive side, the HD transfer looked excellent...even with VOOM-Lite.

The Organization - 1.5 stars: Sidney Poitier plays his infamous role of Detective Virgil Tibbs, but this time with the San Francisco Police Department. I'm sorry but, unlike his classic role in the Heat of the Night, Det. Tibbs' can't save this movie as he takes on SF's notorious bad guys. Ok, this movie reminds me of a blender filled with Dirty Harry and Starsky & Hutch outtakes, all thrown together with bad 70s music. I generously gave this 1.5 stars simply because I couldn't stop saying, "They all me Mr. Tibbs." Ok, now that I've had more time to think about it and take another look at this movie on the DVR...it's even a bigger stinker! This movie is a jumbled mess and its only saving grace is the fact it ends.

Last edited:
Bob Roberts - 1.5 stars: This movie received excellent reviews...I thought it stunk. It's a movie about political satire, and I really did understand the intent of the film, but I just thought the entire story, the acting, and the documentary style production was terrible. Flame away...but Cisco and Egghead give this two downward pokes in their eyeballs.:down :down

Holy Smoke - 3.5 stars: Ahhhh... the lovely Kate Winslet. An excellent actress and gorgeous, too. She plays a chick whose family thinks she's been brainwashed by a cult in India and forces her into therapy with the worst therapist ever, played by Harvey Keitel. At one point he ends up wearing lipstick and a red dress. I never need to see that again. But I don't think I'd mind another glance or two at the lovely Miss Winslet naked. That alone makes this a worthwhile movie in my opinion -- plus it's an interesting little movie.

Guinevere - 2.5 stars: I don't really "get" this movie -- not sure what the point of it was or if there even was one. But I did enjoy it. Sarah Polley was really good, and I found myself sort of rooting for her character. I thought she looked good, and the movie looked pretty good too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)