Which HD DVR to get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you have the capability to hook up an antenna to your HR20 to "have OTA" then you can get OTA without D*, can't you?
Being able to record the content on the HR2x is more than half the battle with respect to OTA programming.

Hurt me, beat me, whip me, make me watch live ad supported television.

If you have the capability to hook up an antenna to your HR20 to "have OTA" then you can get OTA without D*, can't you? We have always had a local deep fringe antenna with an amplifier, and we get pure, pristine OTA from the tuners in our TVs and from the inferior OTA tuners in the HR20 and HR10-250.

Frankly, I don't think D* cares whether you "need an HR20" because, really, you don't. You just WANT one and are being a pain about it.

Frankly I didn't ask for your opinion. Congrats on your configuration. You get a virtual cookie.

In any case I am now happy because I now have my HR20 up and running. I got what I want so now all is well in the world.

So then there is no advantage whatsoever to the HR21...
The advantage to D* is that they aren't paying for a hardware feature that the vast majority of customers don't use.

The advantage to you? Evidently none, unless you like the black receiver.

I gladly bought the HR21 in-store, have had no issues with it, and will buy the OTA add-on once available without a single complaint.

Frankly I didn't ask for your opinion. Congrats on your configuration. You get a virtual cookie.

In any case I am now happy because I now have my HR20 up and running. I got what I want so now all is well in the world.

Good stuff! Did you get it through Directv?

I just upgraded to HD DVR and it was installed Monday. I paid $99 for the upgrade (and a new 5 LNB) and a HR20 was installed. I'm fine with it, but still wish D* would make a deal with Tivo again :-D

Good stuff! Did you get it through Directv?
Yup. D* gets more money DIRECTLY from me. :p

If I only could hook up my HR20 to my wireless network without having to spend $50+ life would be even better. The receiver isn't close to my router so I'd have to string a wire directly across my hall, which isn't good when you have old people in the house. ;p

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts