Which is better for Sling TV, DSL or cable internet

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
Ive tried both hardwired to my Roku 2 and experienced the same pixelation issues. Cable says they are better because of faster speed, DSL because it's a dedicated line. My DSL as of Tuesday will be 16mbps down, vs cable 25mbps down. If the problem isn't resolved Tuesday by the faster DSL (I have 6mbps) down now I'm cancelling Sling. Thanks, Andy

Ive tried both hardwired to my Roku 2 and experienced the same pixelation issues. Cable says they are better because of faster speed, DSL because it's a dedicated line. My DSL as of Tuesday will be 16mbps down, vs cable 25mbps down. If the problem isn't resolved Tuesday by the faster DSL (I have 6mbps) down now I'm cancelling Sling. Thanks, Andy
It's sling.
It's not your provider.
Go to CNET.com and look at the SlingTV reviews.
You will see its an extremely common complaint.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: andy_horton
It's sling.
It's not your provider.
Go to CNET.com and look at the SlingTV reviews.
You will see its an extremely common complaint.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
What connection speed in the Sling app should I use for either 6 or 16mbps down? And I thought something was fishy because it's not all the channels. Mainly TNT and TBS

You might want to give Playstaion Vue a try. I bought a Amazon fire stick and am using it now for Vue. I really like it. Make sure you have unlimited data because I believe it's all HD. I have 100mb down and 8mb up through suddenlink.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)