Which is going to be better: NBC Sports Network or CBS Sports Network?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Which is going to be better: NBC Sports Network or CBS Sports Network?

• NBC Sports Network

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • CBS Sports Network

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Both

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
Looks like so far that, NBC Sports Network is winning this argument so far. What do you guys think?

I watched a lot of CBS sports when they were showing a lot of college stuff and replays of games I missed, but it seems like they have become like espn and replay the dang talk show all day long now

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Seems like NBC SN will become the more popular network. Why? Better Ratings and more advertising for the network, while I have yet to see any advertising for CBS SN. Heck, I'm sure there are some people out there that still think it's called CBS College SN.

Programming this first year will lean heavily on the Olympics, 38 regular-season Major League Soccer games, 13 IndyCar Series races, 14 hours a day of Tour de France coverage for most of July, 90 regular-season NHL games along with 50 NHL playoff games, 20 hours of horse-racing coverage around the Triple Crown, and 40 college football, basketball, and hockey games.
Comcast and NBC launch sports network - Philly.com

Neither, as in neither will ever have rights to show NFL games, so both are irrelevant to me.

NBC Sports Network does have the weekly 'NFL Turning Point' show, which is an outstanding 'Inside the NFL' type show that shows highlights and goes in depth to show key points of games and what made them so key.

Football fans should watch.

Sandra

NBC Sports Network does have the weekly 'NFL Turning Point' show, which is an outstanding 'Inside the NFL' type show that shows highlights and goes in depth to show key points of games and what made them so key.

Football fans should watch.

Sandra

Yeah I DVR that and Sports Talk since I've been reading PFT since before they were bought by NBC. I've watched a couple episodes of Turning Point, but as someone with Sunday Ticket and already watching Inside the NFL all week, it ends up being fairly redundant and go unwatched. That content would be better served on NFLN IMO.

I didn't even know CBS Sports Network was even a channel.

IMHO,

NBC:

Notre Dame - despise
Minor League Soccer - despise
French bicyle racing - despise
Olympics "sports" (subjectivly judged circus tricks) - despise
NHL - love
Indy Car - like, but going bankrupt again as it has lost its way, again.
Other hockey - like
Sports talk - great potential, but so far poorly executed

CBS:

Mid-major college football - like/love
College baseball - like
minor college sports - disinterested
Lacrosse - disinterested
lack of sports news or talk - unacceptable

Both, IMHO, need to get some rights to some more sports. But, as of now, NBC is deeper.

The first thing CBS should get is the secondary rights to its own Masters Tournament from ESPN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts