Which LNB (Standard or Universal) is required for Nilesat in Toronto?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

georges766

Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Toronto Canada
I have a 36inch dish and trying to get Nilesat at 7W. Which LNB is required? I have a standard (setting 10750) or do I need Universal LNB? I tried 10750 but no signal! Maybe a pointing problem or I need a Universal LNB. Many many thanks for your kind advice and reply

At your location your elevation is at 4 degrees which means your dish will be pretty much pointing at the ground. There really is little to next to none of a chance for you to see the satellite at 7W.

moved to FTA area

According to Lyngsat nothing is aimed at North America so you couldnt pick up anything. The beam doesnt reach NA

Just to confirm -

Lyngsat isn't always 100% correct, so I consulted another source, Satstar web site.
Looks like Nilesat 101, Nilesat 102, and Nilesat 201 all light up northern Africa, and not USA/Canada.

Thanks! It seems that maybe I can get nile sat see Anole response below! Thanks for your reply! Whcih LNB should I use to try Standard or Universal? thanks

Thanks! It seems that maybe I can get nile sat see Anole response below! Thanks for your reply! Whcih LNB should I use to try Standard or Universal? thanks

maybe you didnt see what he wrote

Looks like Nilesat 101, Nilesat 102, and Nilesat 201 all light up northern Africa, and not USA/Canada.

Sorry for any confusion.
But I did give the link to Satstar site , above, so anyone could confirm my findings.
And to the best I could see, all three satellites ONLY transmit to north Africa.
No signal can be received in north America.

If you'll give the actual channels or type of programming you are wanting, maybe it's available on another satellite that does cover north America.

I have a 36inch dish and trying to get Nilesat at 7W. Which LNB is required? I have a standard (setting 10750) or do I need Universal LNB? I tried 10750 but no signal! Maybe a pointing problem or I need a Universal LNB. Many many thanks for your kind advice and reply
This is wishful thinking. 36inch Dish for Nilesat from Canada? No U wouldn't get even a blimp! Even those in Sub-Sahara African Countries can only get Signals from Nilesat @7.0°W using dishes 2.4m and above. BTW, if by some miracle the beam reached Canada, you would need a Universal LNB with scalar and maybe at least a 12m dish! LOL!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)