Which new shows make it & which shows will not?

My NBC picks to crash and burn...
Free Agents, The Playboy Club & Grimm.
I think Up all Night and Prime Suspect have a chance.

CBS crash & burns:
How to be a Gentleman & Persons of Interest.
Unforgettable, A Gifted Man & 2 Broke Girls make the season (with Girls maybe not coming back) the CSI's may be in trouble...

ABC crashes...
Pan Am, Charlies Angels... not sure about the rest as haven't seen any promos.

I have a feeling that Person of Interest will be a blockbuster. Good cast, we'll see how the storylines go...

2 broke girls has a real boost since they stuffed it between HIMYM and 2 1/2 Men. That will give it a chance to be seen for a few weeks, even if the retooled 2.5 men crashes.

I have to admit that I am not getting a "warm & fuzzy" feeling about any of the new shows. Usually I can always find one or two shows that I am looking forward to seeing, and some years I have looked forward to checking-out as many as 5 or 6 new shows. Not this year! Of course, I am still not happy that CBS has been cancelling so many promising new shows that would be "hits" on other networks. Heck, I enjoyed The Defenders and Bleep My Dad Says (and both shows had 10M+ viewers) but both shows were yanked after their first season. Heck, shows like Cheers weren't immediate hits (they were low in the ratings) but given a couple years they improved (found the right mix of cast and writers) and developed a large fan base. Offhand, I don't think m(any) of the new shows will make it past their initial season.

I have to admit there is nothing I am dying to see. I will probably give several shows a shot but nothing I am betting on keeping as a timer.

Forgot about Fox... I hope Terra Nova lasts awhile ...

The good thing about TN is that it was so expensive to build the set they went ahead and filmed 13 episodes. So, at least they should be good until December. But, even having episodes did not save Lone Star on Fox last year that cancelled after 2 episodes, and never burned off the rest of the ones they had done.

After the past two years of shows I like being cancelled very early, I'm leaning towards DVRing anything new and only watching once it's been confirmed that they've been picked up for the back eight episodes. Otherwise, I end up feeling very jaded towards the networks.

I'm with you dangue...if I watch it, and I like it, it's going to get cancelled. It sucks for those of us who demand the networks provide us with quality programming. ..it costs too much to produce and the average viewer can't be challenged to think more than a few minutes each hour. :(

After the past two years of shows I like being cancelled very early, I'm leaning towards DVRing anything new and only watching once it's been confirmed that they've been picked up for the back eight episodes. Otherwise, I end up feeling very jaded towards the networks.

Been doing that for 2 years now. We'll take a chance and watch a few new shows (about 50% get renewed), but the rest are DVR'd for later review.

IMO all the NBC new shows are duds, but I suspect they'll all be around for a full season since NBC has so little else to offer the viewing public. Moreover, many of the new CBS shows appear to be hits (Person of Interest, Unforgettable, A Gifted Man) but the network has a habit of cancelling series with 9-10 million viewers that other networks would love to have in their lineup. Finally, I don't like any of the new ABC shows.

Anyway, I'm holding-out "some" hope that I'll like Grimm when it hits the airwaves and that NBC will somehow do something to make Prime Suspect work. I'll be watching Terra Nova tonight...but I get the feeling this one suck harder than a black hole. I hope that I'm wrong!

IMO all the NBC new shows are duds, but I suspect they'll all be around for a full season since NBC has so little else to offer the viewing public. Moreover, many of the new CBS shows appear to be hits (Person of Interest, Unforgettable, A Gifted Man) but the network has a habit of cancelling series with 9-10 million viewers that other networks would love to have in their lineup. Finally, I don't like any of the new ABC shows.

Anyway, I'm holding-out "some" hope that I'll like Grimm when it hits the airwaves and that NBC will somehow do something to make Prime Suspect work. I'll be watching Terra Nova tonight...but I get the feeling this one suck harder than a black hole. I hope that I'm wrong!

It makes you wonder why NBC would not pick up some of these CBS rejects. CBS cancels things that would be mega hits on NBC.

It's the NBC U mentality ... USA seems to be the only arm that makes decent shows imho ... Syfy has, but kills by moving ...

I can't help but think that is the NBC strategy. Any of the USA dramedies could play well on NBC, but I think they would lose their freshness after a bit. The network strategy doesn't work with these 6-8 week seasons they are using on USA, but it seems to be doing a good job of keeping the shows fresh and in demand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)