Which OTA antenna ...TvFool Report Inside

FearTheVoices

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
NH
I am going to give OTA another shot here even though i know it will most likely not be a success. I last experience was last year when i purchased a Mohu Leaf and I was only able to pick up about 3 or 4 channels( I did not go on the roof with it) and those were all Spanish channels, but I will tell you they were blu-ray quality and it was the clearest picture i have ever seen.

Around my house, i have pretty much trees everywhere behind the house which is the East side, the West side i have large openings here and there where my current dish network satellite points. Directv was unable to get any signal at my house a couple years ago when i tried signing up if that helps you.

Anyway...I was going to try the Clear Stream 2-V antenna unless i get some different opinons here. This will basically be for trial run at my house, but i want to try it at my moms also as she has wide open field of view around 3/4 of her house. Directv is gouging her and she is unable to get dish network so i figure i will bring it over there to try out either way to see what happens.

Any info or recommendations appreciated!

Amazon product ASIN B007RH5GZI

I'd do a 4 bay bowtie aimed North. Or maybe even try with the reflector removed to get the stations to the south. DIY? without the reflector maybe.
This should work for all the REAL channels above 13. may even get your real 9 & 11.

I might try a Channel Master CM3016 aimed south/ or north.

Might even try an amp. RCATVPRAMP1R

SUX when they're not all in one direction.

Thanks, honestly if I can't pick up nbc, abc and fox then I think either way it's a no go. I want those for nfl games and local news.

If I can get those ten I was going to get a supplemental sling package from dish network

You shouldn't have any problem with the New Hampshire stations and the others in the green zone of your TVFool report with the 2-V, but I think you'll need something with more gain for the Boston stations. You either need two antennas mounted up on your roof, or one good antenna with a rotor. The 2-V pointed north-northeast and something like the CM4228HD pointed toward Boston would work. If you do use two antennas, you'll need to run separate coaxes to an A-B switch with the output of the A-B switch connected to your TV. You won't be able to tie the two antennas together with any good results.

Forget about the cute TV antennas, go with the old standbys that have proved they work. If your serious about trying OTA get a Winegard 8200 antenna and a rotor. Trees aren't going to be your problem as much as topography will affect the Boston stations. DISH & DIRECTV use microwave frequencies the water in leaves can kill their signal. TV antennas use VHF and UHF radio waves and are much more resistant to the effect of leaves.
You have broadcasters on VHF LO and VHF HI so the old all channel antenna is recommended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)