Which Premium for HD Movies?

In the schedule I looked at, P&T was not marked as HD.

Except for P&T, I rarely see a program on Showtime that is not HD. Their schedule shows a few more, and the occasional movie, but I rarely tune in and hit those.

Their on-line schedule differentiates between "TrueHD" and "Upconverted." Except for P&T, and the occasional comedy act, they rarely show an upconverted program during prime evening hours.

http://www.sho.com/site/schedules/hdtv.do?scope=thisweek&sort=time&filter=all

Okay, you're right - I was foolishly assuming that Showtime provides the same information to Tribune listings service that they publish on their own web site. So, I'm referring to the Tribune listings of Showtime, and Tribune's (HD) markings. Tribune does not just mark every program on HD channels automatically with (HD), so there is clearly some disconnect going on.

Personally, I switched from HBO-HD to Starz-HD, as soon as they finished showing Rome.

But if you really want to see movies in perfect HD quality, there is a much better option...
NetFlix! ;) You can watch more than a dozen of HD movies a month for less than $18.
And the picture quality is absolutely spectacular! No satellite/cable provider comes even close!
You do need to buy a "receiver" though for around $250 (HD DVD player) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts