OTHER Which Receiver for Slimline Dish?

andycorleone

Original poster
Dec 10, 2016
Newfoundland
Hi, I just moved from Europe to North America. the house have in the roof a Slimline Dish with a multi LNB (very similar SL5S4NR2-14). I wondered if I can get any Free To Air Channels like NBC or Fox with a Receiver. If So What receivers Should I buy?

My Friend have a Technomate TM-1500 CI but I not sure if this will work with the Directv SlimLine.

Thanks in Advance.

andycorleone :welcome2 to SatelliteGuys!

The slimline dish is proprietary to the DirecTV service and the LNBFs are the wrong frequency and with circular polarity. They cannot receive FTA. With some modification, the LNBs could be replaced with a linear LNBF and the dish could receive some FTA programming. The reflector size is really too small to reliably receive much.

I would recommend a 90cm dish as the minimum size. Example: the GEOSATpro 90cm listed on Ebay is provided with the correct linear LNBF. I would also purchase a motor (STAB 90) as most KU band FTA is spread across many satellites. Example, NBC is on 103w, PBS on 125w, CCTV 95w and other international services on 97w. More programming options are available if you can install a much larger C-band dish (10').

The TM-1500 receiver could be used, but it is old DVBS technology and only can receive the SD channels. You would be better off buying a STB that receives DVBS2 and HD services. Examples are: Manhattan 1997 and Linkbox 9000i.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)