Which receiver to buy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Test12345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
Any suggestions on which receiver to buy? Mine just crapped out. I dont have any idea of what to look for. I dont wanna spend too much and dont mind buying used. Is the MicroHD still considered good? Thanks!

Go for the MicroHD, under $100 and works great!. Does have it's quirks but which one doesn't. Add an external HD and it's a DVR and I wished it had component out it has just HDMI and standard def out but it was not a deal killer. I think you will like it, shop around for the lowest price.

I would suggest the Amiko HDSE although they are both good units. I also have the MicroHD. If you decide you want to go the route of the MicroHD, id be willing to sell you mine for $60.oo including shipping. Works perfectly. If you have a KU dish, it has all the KU channels already in it.

Test12345,

What was the brand name of the receiver that crapped out on you.

Neusat SP-6000 iirc. I'd like to get a more modern receiver. Is the amiko better or the micro hd? I might take up iBoston on his deal!

the microHD is a great basic FTA receiver. First thing people noticed was great picture, even on SD. Very easy to use. The Amiko has a few more bells and whistles, but also a well liked receiver.

Not wanting to spend much, I Boston's deal is probably the best you're going to find. I have a Micro HD that gets used every day and like Magic said above, great picture and easy to use, it's a great basic receiver. I have had issues recording on mine, but other than that it's been great. If you're not planning to do a lot of recording, I'd grab that one fast.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)