Which receivers can 'dial in' via internet (not via analog phone service)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bbohica

Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
I don't have analog phone service anymore.. are there receivers that dial in via the internet? I have a voip but it doesn't allow me to dial in over it. I'm sure DTV must be addressing this as it's becoming more popular. I have an HR10-250 now and would like something similar without the requirement of having an analog line.

Any of the HR2x receivers plus the R22 will do this, but a phone connection isn't really necessary (your HR10-250 needs it for authorizing updates and avoiding nag messages, however). Both my HR20-700 and HR21-700 work fine with VOIP (Vonage).

Along what Bob says, you ONLY need a phone line on the non-Tivo DVR's for PPV ordering, which you can do at NO extra charge on D*'s website - & it authorizes ALL your boxes on your account for the event.

D* is NOT going to do ANYTHING else with those HD Tivo's, especially since they will be of no use for HD off the dish by the end of the year.

- & it authorizes ALL your boxes on your account for the event.

So a PPV purchase (say a movie on 130) off the website opens the PPV to all your receivers opposed to when you use your remote you only get the PPV on the one receiver? I always thought the mirroring should cover all your receivers, but this would be a nice compromise.

So a PPV purchase (say a movie on 130) off the website opens the PPV to all your receivers opposed to when you use your remote you only get the PPV on the one receiver? I always thought the mirroring should cover all your receivers, but this would be a nice compromise.

Absolutely. I've ordered boxing several times on the website and it gets sent to all recievers. At one point in time, I remember seeing an option to select which reciever gets which PPV program but i think it was eventually phased out. Works great with boxing/UFC ;)

Absolutely. I've ordered boxing several times on the website and it gets sent to all recievers. At one point in time, I remember seeing an option to select which reciever gets which PPV program but i think it was eventually phased out. Works great with boxing/UFC ;)

I know a major event like boxing or NFL-ST gets mirrored to all receivers but I have purchased many PPV movies (even all day tickets) via the remote & they were only available on the one receiver used to purchase the movie. It would definitely be nice to have all the receivers get the purchased movie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)